A Starting Point

1.28.2009

I immediately took to this room when it first came out in Cottage Living a few months back (July/August 2008). You may remember this post about the secretary that I love.... taken from this article.

There are so many elements that I like.... the white walls, the black paint on the window sashes and doors, the warmth the rug adds to the room, the paintings above the mantel, the velvet-upholstered chairs, and of course the secretary turned bar!









*photos via myhomeideas.com, Cottage Living July/August 2008

7 comments:

paula said...

i have been in love with this living area for awhile now. did you see the dining room in the lase cottage living? so lovely.

Haven and Home said...

I can't tell you how bad I want those chairs. That room has been high on my list!

Haven and Home said...

PS- Your WE rug looks great too, forgot to mention that last night...

Jill said...

thanks for saying hi! i also just got started on my blog and i love the inspiration i can find through other blogs like yours. this interior from cottage living is so beautiful and not a typical source for me. thanks for sharing.

Pink Wallpaper said...

i love the blue in that armoire...so pretty!

Lauren said...

Yes I loved this room too!!! I have it cut out on my desh right now haha- I want that hanging photo system!! (I've gone online & tried to figure it out but it looks really complicated.)

No.35style said...

Love the blue in the secretary!

Post a Comment