all over the place today...

5.19.2009

Has anyone else jumped on board with the 3/50 Project? I was introduced to it a couple of weeks ago by Paula and Jennifer.

While trying to shop less (for unnecessary things)- I have been trying to shop local for those things that we need each week. My biggest obstacle lies within my weekly grocery shopping. I just can't afford to go to the smaller markets- so I will continue my weekly trips to Publix.

Last week- I was able to pick up some coffee from O'Henrys, wine from V. Richard's, and my favorite- fresh produce from the Market at Pepper Place. It is my favorite time of the year when the Saturday Market at Pepper Place opens (which it started last Saturday).... it's very close to my house and always has the best things. Last weekend I bought fresh tomatoes, peaches, arugula, romaine lettuce, green onions, and cilantro.

Also, the hubby needs some new shoes for work. He wears Dansko clogs to the hospital every day- where he is on his feet for {insert number here} plus hours at a time. And his poor shoes are WORN out. I told him that they probably aren't offering him any support. So this weekend, we plan to head to Gaia's to find him a new pair.

How is shopping locally going for you?

On another note- a special thanks to Erin at the
Perfect Sentiment for leading me down the right path for how to incorporate fun fonts into my blog. I am a font fanatic- and was so bored with the ones that blogger offered. So thanks to Erin for inspiring me to spruce up my blog a bit. And if you aren't a follower of her blog... I highly suggest wandering over there. Also a special thanks to Amanda for the helpful tutorial on her blog for how to make this new font for my post headers happen! She has a lot of great things on her blog... so go see her as well!


Enough of my rambling- here is some eye candy for the day...
.

More from this lovely summer "barn" later on in the week....

9 comments:

Laura Trevey said...

I cannot say enough about my Danskos!

They are the best ~~

xo Laura

Kara said...

great fonts. GREAT eye candy. i love my dansko's too but they actually make me trip a lot. like a lot a lot. lol
i DL photoshop elements and now i can't get it to open up. SO frustrating. love the fonts. did you do that with PS?

LindsB said...

I need new fonts now- your blog looks beautiful!

paula said...

I bought all my plants from Hanna's and Leaf & Petal recently. I do publix too though.

Blair said...

Oh, I adore the floors in that space. So lovely!

PS~Erin said...

I love the fonts you chose... It looks so pretty over here!

PS~Erin said...

Oh, and thanks for the sweet words too!

Courtney said...

Love the font change- it looks great! I am going to have to take a look at that tutorial. And I love the idea of the 3/50 Project too, and farmer's markets are always a favorite of mine in the summer!

Under a Green Roof said...

love the eye candy, and the new fonts!

Post a Comment