BH&G: Day Three

5.28.2009

With summertime here (not quite official, but close enough)- I love to be outside. In our yard or on our deck... just doing something outside. Although that hasn't happened much lately due to the rain. every. single. day.

I really enjoyed these two articles showing screened in porches and a beautiful back porch. I feel like a screened in porch is a must in the South- mostly because you can take full advantage of those summer nights without the mosquitoes attacking you!

These photos are going into my "one day" file...







.
*all images scanned from BHG, June issue
*I don't know how many of you have already read the June issue- but if not, I can't wait to show you the house that I am posting about tomorrow. It's a lot of "fun"... so come back for Day Four!

12 comments:

lavenderandlilies said...

So nice. I've always wanted a loggia or an outdoor room.

Christine said...

I love the first porch. I could spend a lot of time in there.

beachbrights said...

I read the same article but I asked myself...How practicle are these outside rooms? I have this beautiful screened porch (live in TN) but it is a nightmare to keep clean. We never use it because it takes all your energy to clean off the nice outdoor upholstered furniture cushions and then when your done, you've wasted all your relax time cleaning! So my question is this, they may look good but how practical are they?

Man, I need to go back to bed...I am a killjoy this am!! More coffee....
beachbrights.blogspot.com

Kotori said...

We have a pergola outside with vines climbing up the sides and part of the top which is so nice for shade, but it would be so nice to have a screened in porch. No mosquitos! These images are all just so beautiful...

mary-kathryn said...

you are making me want to subscribe!

Blair said...

Oh, wow! Such beautiful indoor/outdoor escapes. I am sorry to hear about the rain.

Mimi said...

The first picture is my favorite in this issue.

delightfuldwelling said...

Gorgeous spaces! I so wish we had a screened in porch or sunroom where we could enjoy the outdoors wihout the buggies.

Dave said...

Fantastic pics. We love porches (all kinds) so much we created a special web site dedicated to all aspects of porch living (http://www.front-porch-ideas-and-more.com). Even bought a house once because of the screened porch!

LindsB said...

While I dont have a screened in porch of my own, my parents do and my favorite thing to do when I go home in the summer is hang out there with some family, friends and lots of cocktails!

Alicia said...

The porch her quaint home in Mobile..love it all!!! I can't wait til tomorrow..then Im off to the newstand...this anticiaption is fun!!!!

Courtney said...

I quickly flicked through this issue tonight at the store, and now I am rather kicking myself for not getting it. All of those porches look great-- as has everything else you've shown. I think picking up a copy might be a "must" next time I see one.

Post a Comment