BH&G: Day Two

5.27.2009

For day two we have a mixture of things-
.
1) This drink sounds delightful. Sparkling soda (pomegranate or raspberry) or sparkling wine topped with a scoop of lemon sorbet... What a perfect summery dessert! Or with the sparkling wine--- afternoon happy hour!?!
.
.
2. And I loved this little work station. After sewing all weekend- I wish I had an area like this. A little work space just for me!
.
.
3. An article on hydrangeas- one of my favorite flowers. My mom's best friend said that I had an "old soul" because I loved hydrangeas. But I find that more and more people love them... more than just old ladies! Aren't they so pretty?
.


4. And while on the subject of flowers... I just love this garden/yard:
.

*love the house's color combo of white, black, and green!


*all images scanned from BH&G, June issue.

**Tomorrow and Friday will be back on track with one subject per day!

10 comments:

bluehydrangea said...

Hey! I love hydrangeas and I'm not an old lady..well, not that old anyway! Loving all the pictures and articles!

Susie (So Blessed) said...

I have been enjoying looking over this issue of BH&G...so many things I like. Sipping one of those refreshing drinks while sitting on that patio would be oh, so nice!

Mimi said...

My hydrangeas are beautiful right now. I am
enjoying them so much. Your Mom's lacetops are
gorgeous now too!

LindsB said...

That drink looked so good when I saw it, I kept the page for future party ideas- I kinda want one now though :)

Couture Carrie said...

Lovely post! Will have to try that frosty bev!

xoxox,
CC

Alicia said...

I think I'll use prosecco..its a great bubbly vino. Now all I need is the quiet garden room...

lavenderandlilies said...

I love hydrangeas too and I am far from old. I get BHG too and I loved the larger planter that had hydrangeas in it. gorgeous.

Christine said...

I just found your blog and I love it! This last weekend I also read the new BHG, and I enjoyed it as well. BHG has really stepped it up a notch or two in the last few months. And yes, I love hydrangeas too and I'm young(ish). I'm desperately trying to save two little ones in my front yard.

Melissa said...

I don't get the BH&G mag. Maybe I should start. That little desk / workstation is very lovely.

paula said...

I received my issue yesterday and have been fawning over the gardens.

Post a Comment