B&HG: Day One

5.26.2009

I don't know how many of you subscribe (or occasionally purchase) Better Homes and Gardens. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite magazines. Does it replace Cottage Living or Domino? No, it doesn't. But with my love for homes, gardens, and great recipes- BHG does not disappoint. Especially in the past few months... they have been picking up the slack in the "indoors" department. I thought I would take this week to share a few articles with you from the June issue.
.
So for Day One- here is a small beach house in California that I thought was just as cute as the family that resides there!
.




*notice the mirror?!

*all images scanned from BHG, June issue.

14 comments:

bluehydrangea said...

BHG? Who knew? These pictures got me excited, lots to love. I am going out and getting the magazine. Thanks for the tip!

doug said...

I've got five hours in airports today...I'm going to find a copy somewhere along the way...I need to get up to speed with this one--thanks for sharing!

Kara said...

NO kidding, Brooke. They are really pumping it up! I tore out that spread. It's one of my favorites too!
Thanks for sharing! :)
xx

Kara said...

Hope you have a really fantastic week! :)

paula said...

you seem to always get yours before I get mine. I can't wait to check this home out. I just love marble counters.

PS~Erin said...

I love that kitchen! I just let my subscription expire, with the simplification thought process going on. I am going to miss it... Might have to rethink it, as I'm sure my mailbox is abt to be inundated with offers to renew!

Haven and Home said...

I have been loving them lately!

Jennifer said...

I've kind of always loved BH&G (though some are much better than others) so I am so happy they are getting some love!

Mimi said...

BHG has always been one of my favorites (does that tell my age). You are right though, it is getting much better and does appeal to a wider range of interests.

Alicia said...

BHG is smart to step it up a couple of notches especially with so many mags going defunct.
Love the succulents on the "candle" abra.

Molly Jean said...

love the light fixture in the kitchen. charming!

Lauren said...

hahaha we're always on the same wavelength!! i totally agree!!
xoxo

Pink Wallpaper said...

my mom just sent me a subscription and i was kind of shocked w/ how w/ it the last two issues have been!

A Beach House Dreamer said...

Love the expression Nautical Instinct. I think I have that! What a great giveaway too!!!

Post a Comment