Forgiveness vs. Permission

8.28.2009

You know the saying- "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to get permission." When I think of this quote- I often think of my friend Leslie. A few years ago when we were out shopping she fell in love with a chair and knew she shouldn't get it- but did anyway. And just asked for forgiveness when she got home....

That plays into my plans for today. My home office/third bedroom is a mess and it's where I have been working out of each day (so it drives me crazy). On Wednesday Marianne and I made a trip to Ikea in ATL where I found a few things to help me on my quest to organize the office.

For the past three years... it has been Mac's room and was painted brown (which he likes). I went on a spree of painting all of the walls in my house Monterey White by Benjamin Moore which Mac was okay with- as long as I didn't touch 'his' office. Well, now it is technically my office. So I'm painting the walls white today to go with the rest of the house. I hope to have a before and after post on Monday. Although--- it won't be a huge difference due to restricted funds.

And although I don't think he will really care if I paint the walls.... I'll just ask for forgiveness if he does.

Here is a sneak peak of the new things to come:

Monterey White for the walls
(Benjamin Moore)
Sherwin Williams' Hardware
for the bookshelves and sewing table

New Filing Cabinet
New Chair for the Sewing Table

A rod to help organize a few things above the table
and the basket hangs on the rod....
Shelf to go above the rod

$7.99 Lack Table that I am adding casters to
(for my second printer/scanner)


We'll see how it turns out.... wish me luck! I hope everyone has a great weekend.

14 comments:

paula said...

I can't wait to see it!

Chic Coles (Cole Design) said...

Good luck! I know it will turn out really nicely and I cannot wait to see the "After" pics! I have that $7.99 white lack table as my bedside tables, so maybe your office will inspire me to do something with mine!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

I'm always for forgiveness:) p.s. aren't you the one who said she didn't like blue a while back. AND those lack tables! I went the IKEA (here) the same day as you and Marianne. I wish we could have Skyped our trips into one:) BUT I saw those lack tables and I about died! And then I was sad b/c I have no more room for furniture. (saving room for a baby bed in the corner:)have a good weekend. I know your room is going to rock. I vote you make some bunting when you are done! It will make you happy, promise.

PS~Erin said...

Oh, I'm excited for you! This will so good... A space that you like to create and work in. Can't wait to see the pictures!

bluehydrangea said...

I can already picture it in my head and it looks great!! Can't wait to see pics!

LindsB said...

haha, I should just go by that rule and paint the BF's office when he is gone one day :)

Love everything you got at Ikea- I cant wait to see it all put together!!

Mimi said...

Looking forward to the new office look. Ya'll have a wonderful weekend!

lsadler said...

I'm glad my words of wisdom were incorporated into the blog post. However, one time I bought a car and tried to use the whole "forgiveness vs. permission" thing. Didn't go over so well.

Southern Aspirations said...

Good luck- sounds great! And I really like that color of white...

style chronicle said...

This looks lovely! I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Laura Trevey said...

LOVE IKEA!!!
I have that chair as well ~~ great finds!

Happy Sunday to you,

Laura

mary-kathryn said...

i am dying to go to ikea....how cute are those 7.99 tables... i saw them online last week!

Under a Green Roof said...

this is going to look great! and perfect that you'll now have a lovely office!

angela hardison said...

I've always loved that phrase... my professor in design school engraved it into my brain, so I always think of him when I hear it.

Look forward to the finished product.

Post a Comment