Blogging vs. Pumpkin Bread

9.29.2009

I signed on this morning to do a post (not sure what on)... and started reading blogs. I started off with Birmingham friends and clicked from blog to blog. I ended up on Melissa's blog and found this recipe.

Then the big debate- do I do a design post or head to the kitchen? Well... the pumpkin bread won. And here it is:

And yes, I am 'that' girl. I'm home alone and I went to the trouble of making it... so why not eat the piece I want? Straight out of the middle.

Here's the recipe in case you want to enjoy (note- I found out that it's actually from my church's old cookbook):

Best-Ever Pumpkin Bread
1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 cups sifted flour
2 cups (or one can) of pumpkin
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon allspice
2 (3 oz) boxes of cook and serve vanilla pudding (not instant!!)

Beat together oil & sugars, adding eggs one at a time. Blend well. Add pumpkin. Then add the rest of the ingredients. Pour into two bread loaf pans that have been greased and floured. Bake at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes. Inhale the wonderful aroma! When it's done, sprinkle the top with cinnamon & sugar and slice.

Enjoy!

21 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks yummy! And I'm impressed you had all of the ingredients!!

pk said...

I would have taken the piece out of the middle too! :-)

doug said...

pretty sure I know someone who will help you eat that...I have Target treasures for you anyway

Donna said...

this looks really, really good!

Susie (So Blessed) said...

Yummy! Aren't you energetic this cool
fall(ish) morning???

Love you,
Mom

Jennifer said...

oooh I was thinking about making apple bread, but now I think I've changed my mind!

melissa richie said...

oh man! it looks great, brooke. i wish i had gotten your comment earlier this morning...i had some already made at my house. you could have come over and grabbed a slice since we live so close.

however, i am glad you tried it on your own and experienced the wonderfulness with out me leaning over you the whole time saying, "don't you just love it? isn't it great!? i mean, it's so good, right?"

happy cool, fall day!

melissa

colettescottage said...

Now I'm craving Pumpkin Bread. I've been making this recipe for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread from Cooking Light for a couple years now- soooo good. Everything is better with chocolate!

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=833355

Kotori said...

Yes, I think the pumpkin bread would have won for me too.. This looks delicous! I'm bookmarking it now!

lsadler said...

pumpkin bread is my favorite food

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Yummy! I wish I can say I got as much done this morning. My two dogs are driving me crazy while I work in my dining room.

They are tackling each other, moving furniture, biting, crying. I'm going nutty over here!

That bread looks delish!

Kristin said...

I wish I was at your place right now! Yummmmm

Haven and Home said...

I wish I was there with you!

Lauren said...

hahahah mmmmmmm.. we just made some a couple of nights ago!! 4 loaves but less than 1 left now! (we did share, i swear!!!) pumpkin bread just makes me so happy in the fall!!! yours looks amazing & you have me cracking up that you went for that middle piece!!! hahaha
xoxox

nestegg said...

Ha, that's hilarious. I had a pumpkin muffin from starbucks this morning- it was delicious!

Wanderings of a Wannabe said...

haha. i'd be that girl too! looks delish, can't wait to try out the recipe.

Renae said...

I love pumpkin bread and this looks like a good recipe! I get distracted all the time!

Lauren said...

i just found a pumpkin cake recipe with cream cheese icing that i love. so i'm excited to have a pumpkin bread recipe now too!

highglossblue.blogspot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
highglossblue.blogspot said...

Up too early this morning without reason and am now seriously craving some pumpkin bread of my own...or the bakery around the corner ;-)

Pink Wallpaper said...

yum.

Post a Comment