Martha's Kitchen

10.12.2009

You may remember this post from two weeks ago- where the pumpkin bread won over my daily blog post. Today I was going through my binder of recipes and remembered my pumpkin bread recipe that I've been making for the past couple of years. So I made it today. I may have to email Melissa and tell her to try this one. I think it may just be my favorite.
.
3.5 c flour
3 c sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1.5 tsp salt
4 eggs
2/3 c water
1 c oil
1 can pumpkin
3 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ginger

Combine dry ingredients. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour. Oh, and this bread is great with some homemade cream cheese icing!

And while on the subject of cooking- too bad my baking this morning wasn't done in this kitchen. I love seeing inside the homes of creative people (esp Martha Stewart).
.

11 comments:

1 Frugal Queen said...

I love,love,love, Martha Stewart, she inspires me. I call myself the black Matha Stewart! That's how much I love her. LOL! I have been watching her for years and love everything that she does. I hope to one day meet this beautiful talented lady.

megan said...

her kitchen is fabulous! i can't wait to bake some pumpkin bread.

Ann Marie said...

Love Martha's Kitchen - I am so into gray right now. I think gray should be the new black!!!!

urbansardines said...

I love Martha Stewart's clean style. I get organization envy every time I see a M.S. room. I love those open shelves, too!

melissa richie said...

man. i wish i had that kitchen.

as for the recipe, i am eager to try it! it has less oil than mine, so i bet it's not as thick (or bad for you :) thanks for sharing!

Emily said...

I could stare at her kitchen forever! The greys are soo perfect and now i need a new kitchen. Until then, I'll try your recipe :)

Ms. Bright said...

I'm gonna try it! That is one great kitchen!

Donna said...

so dreamy...but if I had open shelving mine would never be that neat and organized!

Lavender and Lilies said...

I love how neat and clean her house is. It seems so relaxing.

nestegg said...

One of my favorite kitchens.. Although it's a little too staged! But oh well, I love her color scheme. And who has that many perfect pots and pans?!! .. (Martha)

Kim Klassen said...

good morning
i adore your blog. love these martha pics.... i wanted to tell you i made your pumpkin loaf last night. omgoodness...it's awesome. my boys absolutely inhaled it. thank you for sharing your recipe.

take care, kim

Post a Comment