Hot and Hot

12.10.2009

Hot and Hot Fish Club is one of my favorite restaurants here in Birmingham. I would highly recommend going if you live anywhere nearby.


Their tomato salad in the summertime is one of the best.things.ever. I mean it. It's worth driving all the way to Birmingham for. You can go here to see the recipe, although it's pretty in depth. I love to cook but this is one thing I would prefer that someone else make for me.


They recently released
a cookbook that my husband gave me a copy of last week for my birthday. It's so, so great. It not only looks great on my coffee table, but it's also a great read. The recipes sound divine- but I've also loved reading the stories. Chris and Idie Hastings tell their story of what brought them to where they are today, details about the restaurant, information about the local farmers they use, and much much more. It's a great book/cookbook to have. I highly recommend it.

They also have an online store. I'm interested in purchasing some of their items such as the herb salt below.
Speaking of birthday gifts... One of my dearest friends gave me two of these.
I was so very excited when I opened them. Not only do I love to read- but I love a pretty book! I am now the proud owner of Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre.
.
These book covers are designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith. You can go here to read an interview with the designer. And you can go here to order them. PS- Santa... that link is for you.

18 comments:

Beth said...

Nice blog. I really like the book covers designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith. One with flowers looks awesome. Ihampers.co.uk

Design Esquire said...

I asked my husband to get me a few of those books for Christmas! I love them!

doug said...

Going to Hot & Hot next week and I'm already thinking about what I'm going to order!

Susie (So Blessed) said...

Ho Ho Ho!

PS~Erin said...

I love, love these books. They too are on my list!

Blueprint Bliss said...

Thanks, Mom! Glad to know Santa is reading!

paula said...

what great gifts. I've had my eye on those books too. Oh, and I can't believe I have never eaten at Hot & Hot. I must go soon:)

Rachel said...

My boss is constantly talking about that restaurant. Maybe after this first trimester, I can talk my husband into taking me!!

The Consummate Hostess said...

Great post. I have been dying to make a trip to Birmingham and eat at The Highland Grill and now Hot and Hot!

Katie said...

LOVE, love Hot and Hot. Check out this birthday post: http://noodleandboof.blogspot.com/2009/07/hot-and-delish.html
Thanks for sharing!

megan said...

hot and hot sounds yummy. we will have to try it out soon. thanks! and i love the book collection.

bluehydrangea said...

I was with a friend this weekend and she got a stack of those books..I love them!!!

Pink Lace and Cupcakes said...

Those books are so pretty! And how perfect that you have beautifully bound classics??!!

Deliciously Organized said...

Those pretty books have been on my list for a while too. LOVE them! I bet that cookbook is wonderful! Wish I could try out the restaurant but I think it would be a long trip :)

Rebecca said...

Such pretty books!! I would love the set! Lovely blog - just discovered it :)

LindsB said...

Happy Belated, I cant believe I missed it!! I'm so glad you got fun presents!

nestegg said...

I"m literally obsessed with the spice from hot&hot. I put it on everything!!!! I want the cookbook for christmas!! Chris Hasting is a culinary genius.
xoRH

日月神教-任我行 said...

成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網,性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,美女,成人圖片區,avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,正妹,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,a片

Post a Comment