a day off

4.23.2010

It's been another busy week.

I hosted my supper club last night which was a lot of fun. I am thankful that it was my turn to host because it made me clean my house. I spent yesterday cooking and cleaning. Really cleaning. I cleaned everything that I needed to with the exception of the baseboards and the blinds. Why does that always get put off and never happen?

Thanks, Mom, for the basket of flowers... and for my two new buffet lamps (in background)!

I'm looking forward to today. The husband is off of work so we are going to breakfast here.

I also have a doctor's appointment for my 35 week check-up. Then lunch with friends here. And then possibly off to treat myself to a pedicure. I'm excited about this fun, relaxing day.

I sure wish I was running the Country Music Marathon in Nashville with my little sister tomorrow... but maybe next year! Not sure what we have planned for the rest of the weekend. But sometimes that's best. I hope yours is great.

17 comments:

A Perfect Gray said...

have fun!

Design Esquire said...

What a great day! I think you should treat yourself to a pedicure :)

paula said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. I have never tried either of those place to eat, I think I need to try them.

My Interior Life said...

Don't you love a reason to clean your house? Enjoy your relaxing day!

Everyone here in Nashville is excited about the Marathon tomorrow, but, unfortunately, I think it's supposed to rain. Although, I know the runners prefer that to heat. Good luck to your little sister!

Catherine said...

Love those lamps! I was just searching yesterday for lamps similar for my bedroom side tables! Please share where she got those and if they possibly have them in white! :) Also, I got a pedicure late in my pregnancy and when he massaged my feet, I had contractions!!! Have a great day, but don't go into labor!! :)

Alphabet Designs said...

Have a great day!! Enjoy yourself!

Katie said...

Fun! I wanna come! Do NOT wanna be at work today.

Olivia Weiss said...

Have a wonderful day! It's supposed to rain buckets for the marathon tomorrow :( A pedicure sounds like more fun!

Jennifer said...

sounds lovely! and the baseboards never get done in my house because it is NO fun! love the new lamps!

LindsB said...

Sounds like a great party!

Post pics of the new lamps too- they look beautiful- we need more!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I'm a firm believer in entertaining at least four times a year...once a quarter...so that the house gets a good deep clean. That reminds me...I'm give a brunch in three weeks. Better get busy...

Hillary and Russell Jordan said...

Envious... wish I lived in the 'Ham and I would take off too to spend the fun day with you!

Haven and Home said...

Now when do we get to do lunch?

Marija said...

I have to say that both times I got a pedicure, I went into labor soon after. I think your body just knows that baby is about to come and something sends you off to get a pedi and clean your house like crazy in preparation! I think the dinner party was great timing :)

Marija

The Homesteading Apartment said...

We seem to have the same cleaning style...communing with the dust bunnies and fuzzy blinds until company comes (; What's with that? I LOVE a clean house, but that DEEP clean doesn't happen as often as it should...I'm not ashamed, just don't tell anyone (:

Deliciously Organized said...

That's always when I get a good clean in too! Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Hope you had a great rest of your weekend!

Susie (So Blessed) said...

you are welcome...i think the lamps look great!

Post a Comment