Container Gardening

5.28.2010

I saw this potted herb garden on Pink Wallpaper yesterday and loved it. Shannon pointed out how easy this would be... and it would be great to have when you only need a tablespoon of fresh herbs for a recipe. I agreed with her on how much I waste when I buy fresh herbs from the store.
.
The husband and I always talk about how we would like to have a 'small' garden at our next home. But why not start one now? This is a great article on BHG showing how to have one--- just using containers. No need to dig up the yard just yet.
.

10 comments:

Design Esquire said...

Those are such wonderful images.

Catherine said...

Those are wonderful! I need to do the same! Thanks for sharing. Hope you're feeling ok and not too uncomfortable!!!!

Melissa said...

What wonderful container gardens. I plant a wheelbarrow full of herbs every year and love it, also do tomatos in pots even though I have a full garden. Its fun you would love it.

paula said...

love these. I have tomato plants so far, mint and rosemary. I am planning on adding basil soon. I think i few of the tags would make it extra cute

Stephanie Sabbe said...

Darby said it was good for kids who run all over your stuff:)

Bringing Pretty Back said...

This is exactly what I am going to do! Little gardens, not a whole lot of work and still fun. Thanks for the inspiration!
Have a pretty night!
Kristin

milkandhoneyhome said...

Hope you are doing well! I know I never comment, but I hope you are happy and healthy and maybe with baby by now! It is such a magical time. Best wishes!

Speaking of container gardening...I tell my friends that you can either grow a garden or grow babies. It is too hard (for me anyway) to do both well!

Julie

Haven and Home said...

We planted an herb garden this year and it has been great! Is Baby C on the way? I have been thinking about you all weekend!

Amy said...

Great posts, I just did some railing planters with herbs and flowers, so you get function and fun. Hope you're hanging in there!! *Amy

Emily A. Clark said...

Love this idea! Definitely perfect for me, who cooks as little as possible.

Post a Comment