make someone's day....

5.24.2010

One of my favorite things is a simple surprise out of the blue. It's something so easy to do- but something that easily gets shifted to the bottom of my busy to-do list.
.
I was thinking this morning of what I could do for a friend or two this week... just to let them know that I was thinking about them.
.
Here are a few simple and inexpensive ideas:

.
Cupcakes :: Who doesn't love a cupcake?
*and if you are in Birmingham, you must try Dreamcakes in Homewood.
**photos via my friend, Abby's blog
.
Look at this cute and creative idea that Seleta shared with us that she created for her children's teachers... go here for instructions on how to assemble.
.
.
Or how about a simple vase of flowers?
They always have these happy blooms at Whole Foods and Publix.
*photo via modGIRL
.
.
Or how about a bottle of wine with a cute gift tag?

.
A happy that I received a few months ago---
a great magazine with a hand written note.
.
.
Or from another friend,
a plate of homemade cookies....
.
Will you take the time to surprise a friend this week and let them know that you are thinking about them?

17 comments:

Little Blue House said...

My great aunt calls these little surprises "happy's." She is one of the best at giving friends happy's for no reason at all, just because. Fantastic ideas!

Catherine said...

Love the ideas, Brooke! I love to do little things like that for people. I've always thought it's the little things that matter and count :)

Stephanie Sabbe said...

sweet you, you are about to pop out a baby and you are thinking of ways to make people's day.

mary-kathryn said...

i bet lots of people are thinking of you right about now...with the baby on its way!

paula said...

such a great idea. I know the cupcakes would bring joy to me.

Gramercy Home said...

Such sweet ideas - I'm a sucker for cupcakes!

Michelle said...

What a great idea...consumables are always best! yum...and that Seleta...to do cute little cupcakes like that...she is amazing.

Best,
Michelle

Haven and Home said...

Last week I delivered Baby Bites to two people I work a lot with and it felt so good! Love these ideas!

Tonia of Chic Modern Vintage said...

Hello, found via Desire to Inspire. I'm glad that I did. I'm a follower of yours now, please stop by sometime. U have a beautiful blog.

LLH Designs said...

It just feels so good to give, doesn't it? My gifts are usually words: a hand written note of encouragement and praise...telling her something I admire about her. Being a stationery lover and designer/printer means i never run out of great paper (which inspires me to give the gift of a hand written note)!

Great post...love your blog!
Linsey

Cornflake said...

Cupcakes are a great idea and always a winner if you ask me!

Great blog! x

Marija said...

These are such good suggestions. I love getting new magazines but the cupcakes would be the best...hands down!

EDYTA and CO. INTERIOR DESIGN said...

What a fantastic post!! I love making little gestures like that, I definitely think it's important and makes someones day :)
Oh and those cupcakes -- oh myyy,, they look delishh!

xo
Edyta
http://edytaandco.blogspot.com/

Deliciously Organized said...

I love these ideas. It really makes my day to either give a little gift like this, or receive one. It's the little things that make life special. And those cupcakes look divine...

tammy said...

fantastic ideas. lovely items. and i could definitely go for a cupcake right about now.

Stephanie Maley said...

great ideas! the little things make all the difference!

Heather said...

Fab ideas! I'm so pumped because I just got a Groupon deal yesterday on Dreamcakes. I'm obsessed with them!
Heather @ www.savingmoneylivinglife.com

Post a Comment