Fall-ish Inspiration

10.12.2010

Although we're almost half-way through October- it's still getting up to the 90's during the day here in Alabama. A little too warm for those of us craving the cooler fall temps. But things are changing {hence all of the leaves in my yard and the need of a yardman}. Thanks for your comments/emails asking about the 'yard man'. Husband didn't think it was necessary at first... but once the work was complete and he saw how many bags of leaves were put on the curb- he didn't mind a bit.

I love this collection of images that they put together on House and Home. I'm a fan of how they brought some of the outside in... and am really liking the use of darker colors.




13 comments:

Julie Holloway said...

This home is amazing! There's a dream-like feel to it. I especially love that mantel, the porthole mirror and that wingback! I know, I'm ready for actual fall temperatures, too :)

Tonia of Chic Modern Vintage said...

A beautiful house. I love the darker colors too.

Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

Um...love,love,love all of these images!!

l-kae-interiors said...

Great collection of images. I adore the color palette and natural elements that are throughout the house.

Kat said...

Gorgeous! Wish my home looked more like that!

Melissa @ Veranda Interiors said...

I was working on a blog post last night & I was just thinking how we are drawn to images based on the weather and season, this is a great example. While still clean & white it has a warmth that seems more appealing with the turning of the leafs and the cooler mornings. xo

Lavender and Lilies said...

Love those chairs!

megan @ a life's design said...

Oh, there are elements to love in every image. Great collection!

Pristine Cristine said...

It is fascinating how we experience seasons in terms of temperature-it truly doesn't seem like autumn unless the weather is cool and the clouds are close. In my corner of the world-the temperature has definitely taken a nose dive this week-in fact we may get some snow (just a brushing I hope). I love the foyer photograph with the actual tree-root in bag and all-on the elegant entry table-wonderfully imaginative-kind of "elegant meets organic". Your blog is one of my favorites.

Stephanie Sabbe said...

oooh brooke, these are right up my ally. love them all

doug @ tracery interiors said...

this makes me want to plant a big tree on my foyer table. oh wait, I don't have a foyer table. or foyer. but still, love it.

drooz studio said...

fantas-TIC blog.. thank you for sharing.
love the last image of this post - great entrance way... we are working on building the best, cheapest, house ever! lots of ideas here! thx!

Melissa said...

Love that home. Very masculine but cozy.

Post a Comment