Idea Bookshelf

10.15.2010

*I am still working on getting my blog layout to my liking...

I came across these illustrations on
Carolina Postcard. And I just love them.

The artist "paint sets of books as a form of portraiture: a person's favorites (of all time, within a genre or from a particular period in their lives); the ones that helped make them who they are today. "

While I wish I could afford to commission the artist to do a custom piece... I love that she has the option of buying a print from her
Etsy shop. Maybe one day I will commission her to paint one of the books that we love to read to Collins.

*via Idea Bookshelf

10 comments:

Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

Very cool idea!!!

Cara said...

LOVE!!!
Come enter this adorable Giveaway! Lilac and Grey Giveaway

LLH Designs said...

How awesome is that?!?! I'd like this more than a self portrait any day! Says more about me.

Thanks for sharing!
Linsey

mydesignchic said...

What a fabulous idea!! Happy Friday ~

julie y. said...

love em'!!

Project Shannon said...

Those are really fun! Such a great find, thanks for sharing!

Happy Friday!

Susie (So Blessed) said...

I LOVE this!

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

this is such a cute idea! i love it!

vanessa said...

I love her work too, I've had her saved in my etsy favs for a while and always look wishing I could do our favorite books. The cookbook one is my fav.

simply seleta said...

I like the simple and clean look of your blog. : ) And these book illustrations are too cute.

Post a Comment