current project

11.19.2010

Thanks to all of you for commenting to share how you display your Christmas cards each year. I loved everyone's ideas. But I'll have to say--- this one was my favorite and I think I will start this tradition this year:

Mandi Smith T said...
I put all the cards we are get in the current season in a lacquered tray on the coffee table in our family room (so people who visit us can go through them). Then at the end of the year, I tie them up with a pretty red satin ribbon. I have bundles for every year I have been married (12) and I place them under our Christmas tree (before we have any present to put under it). Then at least one night during December, my husband and I sit down with a glass of wine and pick a year or two to go through. I am always amazed at how young everybody looks and how much cards have changed over the years. Some of the children are grown and married now! Very fun tradition for us. So, if you have ever sent me a Christmas card, I still have it.

On another note--- I've been working with a friend on updating her keeping room. Here's a sneak peek. I'll be sure to post before and after photos next week.

*She has two little boys... and the baskets on the bottom shelf are perfect for storing a few of their toys.

7 comments:

Stephanie Sabbe said...

great idea! might have to start doing the same

Katie said...

wow that really is a great idea!

K. T. Sparks said...

What a beautiful tradition!

paula said...

looks fabulous. love the lamp and side board.

Mandi Smith T said...

Thanks for the mention, Brooke! Mandi

Julie Holloway said...

looks so good! I love the colors and the baskets are so necessary.

carolina postcard said...

Oh, I might be stealin' this idea too!

Can't wait to see the final room you're working on.

Post a Comment