this may surprise you.....

12.10.2010

Color isn't my thing. I love neutrals. You know this.  So it may come as a surprise to you {as it recently did to some of my close friends} that I use colored lights on my tree... along with a hodge-podge of ornaments. I think I like it this way because it reminds me of our Christmas tree from growing up. I can't wait to have some ornaments made by Collins in the coming years. Who doesn't love dried macaroni noodles glued on a piece of paper?


My gifts wrapped and under the tree.... my theme this year was kraft paper mixed with green and gold. {sorry for the blurry pic}


As for the rest of the Christmas decor in my house--- I like to keep it fresh and simple. Here is what's on the table that is next to my front door: a small pot of rosemary, a Sally Legg bowl with my Christmas cards, and a wooden star ornament hanging on the mirror.

 A white poinsettia....


Some juniper berries in a vase on my coffee table.....


A small boxwood wreath...


 And a larger boxwood wreath on my front door.


And that's it! Like I said... fresh and simple.

18 comments:

Marianne - Style For Living said...

Fresh and simple is just the way I like it too! That tiny boxwood wreath on your lamp is adorable!

A Bride In Boots said...

I adore it all - especially that cow painting!

Jena @ Involving Color said...

I'm the same way with decorating our tree. I like using color, but I tend to go for muted tones, like gray blues and greens, but I love colored lights on the tree! I don't think we'll ever use white lights on the tree.

Kathysue said...

Brooke I think fresh and simple is a great look as far as your tree goes I love it. I think a tree full of memories is what Christmas is all about!! Don't get me wrong I love a beautifully decorated tree that goes with the room it is in, but at Christmas the FAmily tree should be just that allll about the family. I think you will like my tree this year if I ever get a good enough picture to post it!!! Merry Christmas to YOU,KATHYSUE

LLH Designs said...

Cute that you hung a wreath from your lampshade! Love that! And I like the cards in the entry.

Happy weekend, Brooke!
Linsey

Julie Holloway said...

gorgeous! I love fresh & simple. And we do colored lights, too (go figure?) My boys would have it no other way :)

Julie said...

Perfect. I also love neutral holiday decor, it's all I've been thinking about lately.

paula said...

brooke I adore it! you will love the krinkles then.

Kat said...

Brooke, it looks amazing. Love the colorful tree and all of the simple, clean and classic decorations. Beautiful!

A Perfect Gray said...

My guys (husband and son) love the colored lights - so we use those, too, and all my son's handmade ornaments. I agree, it's such a wonderful 'christmas-y', old-fashioned look. so cozy! love yours- merry christmas, brooke! donna

Cat said...

I love your decorations. simple, classy and beautiful. i too have a traditional tree with all different sorts of ornaments. I've gotten quite a little collection of "home-made Jack" ornaments since it's his 2nd year of preschool. :) love it!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

count me on the suprised list:)

angela hardison said...

it all looks great! also, nothing beats brown paper packages :)

Dina said...

Can you tell me where your front door boxwood wreath is from? I have been looking for a reasonable one for a long time now (ideally square) but haven't come across one...thanks!

carolina postcard said...

oh so sweet & all organized. wish I could say the same for my abode, but lucky for me my mom has all the decorating covered!

classic casual home said...

Such fun to see your decorating! Beatutiful.
Mary Ann

heatherandharold said...

hey you probably already know this but you can get a whole roll of the postal wrap paper at the dollar tree. it's a huge roll and it's JUST like kraft wrapping paper for a fraction of the price. i use that, some red & white baker's twine & a handmade tag for all our gifts. love love.

LindsB said...

your house looks beautiful- and I LOVE that you use colored lights on your tree, its so pretty!

Post a Comment