Thrifting

1.11.2011

I've been on a thrift store kick again lately. You just never know what you might find in those places.

Like the two Jenny Lind looking twin beds that I found last week for only $49 (yes, for both). They are going to look great painted and put in Collins' room in the new house (when he grows out of the crib--- but I am not rushing that).


I also found this mirror for $15... it's tall and slender.
I'm thinking of maybe attempting to gold leaf it. Who knows. We'll see.


And that brings me to my new chair purchase. $30.
I'm thinking that this will go in my living room as an extra side chair. I have no clue what fabric I will use on it.


Faux Alabaster Lamp.... $9


While I didn't find this at the thrift store--- it was another purchase I made last week. I found it at Urban Suburban. It's a great little antique mall close to my house. I love that the vendors consistently keep their booths updated with new things. It's a chest that is a pretty shade of blue (yes, a little bit of color here and there will be needed). I am not sure where it will go--- but I think I have several places that it will work. {sorry for my camera phone photo}


Here are the two items that I didn't buy that I wish I had. This first piece was only $95 and at a local flea market. I might see if a local friend will run by and see if it is still there (she lives closer by the place than I do). If it is... I may go get it. I have the perfect spot for it in my half bath (where I will be removing a small countertop). It would look great painted white.


And last but not least... this chair was so neat in person. And only $25. But someone else agreed and it was tagged sold.

Have you found anything fun at your local thrift store lately?

28 comments:

Red Door Home said...

Love everything you found. Looking forward to seeing how you transform them all. I believe the twin beds you found are Jenny Lind beds. I have one - widh I had two - which we inherited from my husband's parents.

bluehydrangea said...

Great finds!! I am not having any luck lately but I love what you found!!

Nycia @ Inspired Events said...

What fabulous finds! I can't wait to see what you do with some of these pieces!!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

I need to get out. I don't know where to go in Boston. And if I do, they don't have chairs for $25. There are some great places in Cape Cod, but they shut down for the winter...ahhh, you make me want to thrift big time!

l-kae-interiors said...

Looks like you found some great finds!! Love the bed frames. Painted or not, they will be beautiful in their new home!! I found some cool finds recently (http://lkaeinteriors.com/main/2010/11/24/happenings-and-happy-wishes/) but nothing for me personally :) Can wait to see what goodies I can find this year! Have a great day!

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

great finds! love that orange chair and the beds!

A Perfect Gray said...

love the lines of that mirror. I think either gold- or silver-leaf would look great on it. then maybe a little glaze....

great chair, too. Now you've made me want to get out and look but we are under 5 inches of snow!

donna

paula said...

can't believe the beds were that cheap! I looked forever for KJ and then ended up forking over the dough. and yes I will so go check as soon as I can get off my road :)

Melissa said...

I love when you are able to thrift and find such great pieces. You did amazing! Love those twin beds!! I found a neat mirror for $15 the other day and was super excited.

Ashley said...

Lucky duck! What great finds! I just wrote about my new-found love for all things spool, so naturally I'm completely smitten by your matching Jenny Lind beds.

lizziefitz said...

ok , the beds were an amazing find, SCORE! I just got back from a thrift store with a brand new ,still in the plastic ,upholstered full size headboard! I was contemplating buying the same bed in a twin for $400... paid $45 ;0

Cat said...

Great finds! I think you should keep the chair orange. ;)

Aimee@ the Functional Space said...

Nice stuff! It really makes me want to hit up my favorite places too.

Mr. Goodwill Hunting said...

Those were some amazing finds. I am always on the lookout for a fellow thrifter. I will certainly be following this blog.

Mr. Goodwill Huntin

hana said...

ooh those beds & the channel back chair!! great finds. can't wait to see what you do with them in your new house. thanks for sharing!

Future Mama said...

Wow!!! SO many great finds!

Much love,
Future Mama
http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/

My Interior Life said...

Love your finds! Isn't thrifting fun? I just found a pair of modern Brno-style chairs at a local thrift store for $12.50 each. Gotta love a bargain!

Lovely Happenings said...

those twins beds are spectacular. and I am digging the orange chair.

Dina said...

So jealous!!! I have been on the hunt for those same Jenny Lind beds for over 6 months on Craig's List and nothin'!

Mandi Smith T said...

Fantastic finds. Also, love the urban surban website you linked. Tons of great sources there! M.

Stephanie said...

Which thrift store did you shop for all of this great stuff?!

Em said...

I'm from Birmingham too and I'd lvoe to know which trift stores you like teh best!
Emily

-Kasey said...

Totally jealous over the orange chair and totally jealous on all the great prices!

megan @ a life's design said...

Awesome finds! Can I go with you next time?!

SHERRY HART said...

Boy there must be some good thrifting in your neck of the woods.....you scored with everything!

JackPCS said...

The detail on the beds is marvelous. Of course, all that detail makes the cleaning and finishing more of a challenge, but nothing good comes without work...
- - - - - - -
Jack@PCS
chess sets and more

Courtney Wells said...

Another reason I love your design work. You are cost conscious!! A beautiful designer cost conscious---I LOVE THAT!! So creative and you can make interesting old (affordable) pieces amazing!!
I am not typically a blog follower but I make time to view yours!!
I have twins and will be moving them to a big boy room in a year or so and I would love to have found those beds!! Dreamy!!! You've inspired me!!

Zane Wooder said...

I'm pretty addicted to going to used stores too. I go to the local thrift stores every week.

zane

Post a Comment