helping those in need

4.29.2011

Thank you again for all of the thoughts, calls, texts, and emails checking in on us to make sure we are okay. I really appreciate it.

A special thanks to a blog reader of mine for emailing me with these links to let me (and others) know how to help in this time of need. Please see below for ways you can help.



Red Cross Local Locator
Alabama Red Cross
Red Cross Safe and Well, helps let family know you are okay
call 1-800-RED CROSS or text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation. Contributions may also be sent to your local American Red Cross chapter. This is National Donations for the Text, so beware. Advise to try a local link provided
Toomer's For Tuscaloosa
How to Apply for FEMA
Volunteer Station
Birmingham Red Cross Donations
MS Red Cross
MS Emergency Management
Mid-Alabama Red Cross Local Donations by County Portal (does not include Tuscaloosa)
Alabama Disaster Relief Drive
Blood Donation Life South
Red Cross Blood Donation
AL Governor's Office Donation Effort

And Paula let me know about what her church was doing:
Church of the Highlands

8 comments:

A Perfect Gray said...

so glad to see you are OK...our thoughts and prayers are with you all. donna

a' la mode said...

oh good. you are ok. it hit me yesterday where you were and then I didn't hear back from you and got worried. SOOOOO AWFUL!!! My heart goes out to Alabama. xoxo Shel

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

so happy to hear you're ok. thanks for posting the links, i wanted to help out but didn't know the best way. xoxo

paula said...

Hey Brooke, here is another http://coth.co/trelief
It's through our church. We are in all the hardest hit areas reaching out.

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

I'm so happy to hear you are okay! Please take care.

Tiffany said...

Hi Brooke. Im glad to know that you are ok. I am from Alabama and my parents still live there. I have never seen anything like it in my life. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

nanne said...

brooke,

thank you for posting those links. people in alabama need anything and everything, including prayers and good thoughts.

so glad you are ok!

Mohsin Khan said...

Beautiful Wallpaper, thanks to share with us such as important information, must visit again. Thanks

Post a Comment