i want one

4.28.2011

*I usually write my posts the day before and schedule them to post the following morning. That's what I did for this one not knowing what would transpire over night. Just wanted to pop in this morning to let you know that we are okay here in Birmingham. Thanks for all of the emails/calls/texts checking in on us. Praying for those who were affected by this tragic storm. I hope that you will pray for them, too.

I had this grand plan for my breakfast room. Round stained pedestal table with 4 tolix chairs (with 2 extra to pull up as needed).

This + This
 

But then I came across Shelli's blog and saw this image:


And now I am leaning towards an oval stained table, 4 tolix chairs, and a settee/banquette in a fun print. I just love the look. It reminded me of this image that I have had bookmarked for awhile:


Here are some other fun ones that I found online:

Sutton Sofette, Performance Velvet, Dove Grey


 High Back Settee

My wheels are turning...as I am thinking that this will be my new plan. And while I kept reading through Shelli's blog I came across this post about Tolix chairs. I loaded up yesterday and headed to our local Southeastern Salvage in search of the chairs... but they only had them in black. Such a bummer. But great deal for anyone who wants them in black---- they are only $75 each and they had a lot!

10 comments:

lizziefitz said...

You are killin' me! I want to go to South Eastern Salvage!! After reading Shelli's blog post about her rectangle trestle table a few weeks back ,I am obsessed. Did you spot any at your store?

chillart said...

Love this idea! I've been wanting to do this at my house b/c we don't have a dining room & this would give more comfy seating in our den/ dining/ everything room...hard decision on those settee choices, they are all awesome but the Anthro one is especially fun & funky. By the way, if you are in town this weekend come to the magic city art connection...my booth will be somewhere:)?

Melissa said...

Love the idea - unique and comfy

a' la mode said...

Thanks for the shout blogmate.....oh, how I wish we could go shoppin together (our hubs might not like that though).....oh, and that neutral chevron on the inspirations pic-----SWOOOON---love the larger scale! Also, have you been to P.D's here in Franklin? See that Anthro settee you posted? They had one in this charcoal linen that was FABULOUS last week......I'm gonna go stalk that store on Friday and I'll take more pics. Here is what pd's is...xoxo Shel
http://www.alamodemaven.com/2011/03/pds-in-franklinhome-decor-heaven.html

The Benson Bungalow said...

So I've been looking for a decent quality pedestal table just like the one you included at the top. Where were you sourcing it?

Melissa @ Veranda Interiors said...

Love the last sette from UO the most, I think it would be the easiest to get in and out of with 2 people on it next to a table, and love that idea.

Our table is scheduled to be delivered this week, once I have it then the chair hunt begins. I really want to mix up the chairs as well...but then again do I really want to listen to the boys fight over who gets what chair? ;)

lizziefitz said...

Are you ok?

MaryNeff said...

I was thinking about you! Glad to hear you are ok!

Holly Mathis Interiors said...

love the settee idea....ipopped over to you blog hoping to find out you are ok after the storm...so glad yall are safe.

LLH Designs said...

Glad you're ok. Praying for my Bama friends.

Love the chevron print for the settee at the table. You're having so much fun and have lots of great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Xo,
Linsey

Post a Comment