Wide on the Windows

4.18.2011

I have been brainstorming about what I want to do on the windows in the living room. There are two small windows flanking the fireplace that I will do some simple roman shades on but for the french doors/windows... I have been thinking wide stripes. Here are a few inspiring images:






While I know the image below is not me (due to the bold colors)... I think it has made up my mind to do a large chevron print for my panels.


I recently purchased several yards of this from Premier Fabrics that I plan to use:

*for some reason they don't have this color on their website but you can order it from here

11 comments:

A.J.Barnes said...

I'm liking the horizontal stripe idea. It adds some pattern - I need to do that!

but do horizontal stripes make your windows look fat? :)

paula said...

brooke it's beautiful!

Pine Tree Home said...

I love the green stripe. How cool does that look against the window with the view?

lizziefitz said...

My family room is getting the horizontal panel treatment. I love your chevron fabric that you found ,gorgeous!

Lila said...

I love the horizontal stripes. I also have two windows flanking our fireplace and curtains are always an annoying issue. Thanks for the ideas!
xoxo
Lila Ferraro

Kim said...

I have been literally drooling over these curtains...(real attractive huh?) I have two panels of white curtains that I think would look great in the Chevron Pattern. Has anyone ever painted curtains before? Next project...:)

designchic said...

I have horizontal stripe draperies in my guestroom and I absolutely love them!! Great fabric ~

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

love that!

angela hardison said...

now i'm wanting striped drapes. i love the statement they make.

tamara said...

much agreed on chevron drapes. lovely.

Sara Caldwell said...

I used the chevron fabric for some curtains in my laundry room and i love them! I can't wait to see how your's turn out! Here is pic
http://saraandtylercaldwell.blogspot.com/2011/02/i-should-have-been-studying.html

Post a Comment