Downstairs :: Progress

6.28.2011

The main thing that has been accomplished downstairs is demo. They started framing new walls today.. so hopefully I will have some better photos soon. You can see the before photos here. Oh, the joys of renovating!

Walking in the back door into the playroom (you can see through the wall into the den):

 Looking at the backdoor that leads out to the garage and the stairs that lead up to the kitchen:

Entering the kitchen from playroom:


Kitchen looking into existing dining (opening up the kitchen and this will be the new breakfast room): 

Foyer looking into formal living room (this will be a small formal dining on one side and Michael's office on the other--- once we put up a wall dividing it in half): 


Foyer looking into existing dining/kitchen. We will be closing up this opening and making a 5 foot wide cased opening where the 'mural' wall currently is: 

Hall/Powder Bath:

 Den (you can see into playroom through the studs):

Den (small opening to hall/foyer that we plan to enlarge):

Master Bedroom (existing entrance will be closed up and you can see the beginning stages of where the new doorway will be):

And that's where we are as of today... Thanks for following along!

14 comments:

abode love said...

Wow--- I've gotta say it, I'm a bit jealous! I think it's SO amazing and too fun that you are getting so start from scratch! I cannot wait to see more photos of progress!

abodelove.blogspot.com

lizziefitz said...

Good times:)))))thanks for sharing!

MrsSouthernBelle said...

We are currently renovating a house too, hopefully nearing the final stretch. It is a lot of fun but can also be really stressful. Good luck can wait to see the progress! I have pics on my blog if you want to take a peek. Www.mrssouthernbelle.blogspot.com

LLH Designs said...

Oh, wow. I've never done anything like that. Can't imagine! I love to fluff...not sure if I'm cut out for the gutting part.

Hope you're feeling good and inspired!
xo,
Linsey

doug @ tracery said...

goodness! I'm just glad to see the faux fireplace has gone on to a better place.

Hooper Patterson and Ann White Schutte said...

Great light and space! It's really coming along!

Marianne {Style For Living} said...

It's all going to be worth it when it's done!

Courtney said...

How exciting!! The rooms look so spacious (jealous!). :) Can't wait to see the progress!

Kristy @ I Design Love said...

Looks so awesome already and you are not even finished! I can't wait to see the end result :)

~Kristy
www.idesignlove.com

Erica said...

I think it's amazing and too fun that you are getting so start from scratch! Great light and space!

San Diego Mobile Notary

carolina postcard said...

You're a brave lady my friend! I hope it's going smoothly & can't wait to see more progress.

designchic said...

Oh yes, your in the "patience is a virtue" stage. Exciting to follow along!!

rachel @ Just a Touch of Gray said...

I can't wait to see more!

Ryan K said...

WOW! I can't wait to see more. I have a quick question, did you make your blog or did you have someone design it for you? If so who? I would love to know :) THANK YOU

Post a Comment