House Tour: Upstairs (before & during)

6.27.2011

I'm back... I'm back. Sorry for my lack of blogging! There was lots to do our last week in Birmingham and this past week as we settled in.

You may remember this post where I showed photos of the downstairs before the work started. Here are a few of the upstairs... before shots as well as some progress.

Everything upstairs has been painted (BM's White Dove- all walls, ceilings, & trim) and when the carpet was pulled up... original hardwoods were revealed. The refinishing of those will start tomorrorw and a new stair rail will go in and then the upstairs will be 99% complete. We plan to live upstairs once this work is done.

Before:










And as we make progress (still waiting on floors to be refinished, new stair rail, and new light fixtures):



The bedroom below had a bookshelf over the middle window which we removed. Now I am just waiting for them to remove the panel that was mounted to the exterior side: 

We weren't planning on gutting this bathroom (just yet) but we ran into some issues with the plumbing interfering with the kitchen ceiling so we went ahead and cleaned this room out!







And a shot from the upstairs balcony: 

Come back tomorrow for some progress photos of the downstairs!

16 comments:

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

How fun! I wish I had the mindset to do something like that! Can't wait to see it all done.

Anne said...

Hi Brooke, what a fun, albeit exhausting, project you have before you :) I have a random question: did yall have your trim painted white dove as well?

a06a4338-a0c9-11e0-8ab7-000bcdcb8a73 said...

i'll be back to check up!!!!

*kiss kiss*
Erika at ~Tiptoe Butterfly~


LAST DAY Bloggers to stop by and enter~Light as a Feather necklace GIVEAWAY~ it’s an almost $50 value!

jennifer little said...

I am REALLY enjoying following along with this progress. You are really showing what can be done with a renovation.

Kat said...

I can't wait to see what you do. The house is going to be amazing! Love the upstairs balcony! So southern!!

Fittsy said...

I just painted my entire kitchen (trim, walls, and cabinets) white dove. I'm glad the color has your seal of approval, since you have such great taste! I can't wait to see your house finished!

R

Ashley said...

WOW! So fantastic! I will be waiting with bated breath to see how you transform your new home!

christine {bijouandboheme} said...

It looks so good already- can so see how lovely it's going to be when your done...love that you're sharing the process!!!

satisfyingspacesblog.com said...

We are a couple of weeks behind you in the process. It is fun seeing where you are in your project and I can't wait to see more!

Marianne {Style For Living} said...

Yay! White Dove is such a great color and I had my kitchen and bathroom cabinets painted with it. It's the perfect shade of white! Looking forward to following you along in your renovation. So excited for you!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

so EXCITING! It reminds me of the Steel Magnolias home!!

paula said...

Brooke love seeing the progress. Can't wait to see what you do with that bath! So sad I didn't get to see you one last time before you left.

lizziefitz said...

I am so excited! You can't share enough before, during and after pictures. Love the Dove White so smart! Were the hardwood floors a surprise? Wow!!!

Aimee@ the Functional Space said...

How exciting! It's amazing with a fresh coat of Dove White can do! Looking forward to seeing everything progress.

a' la mode said...

Girl. I am SOOOOO EXCITED for you! Such FUN big changes, ah, LOVE that you are getting to choose all your favs and what you want. Miss chattin....find your settee yet? xoxo shel

Jennifer said...

so exciting! it's amazing what just a fresh coat of paint can do!

Post a Comment