i'm back

7.25.2011

I'm back. Thanks for hanging in there with my lack of blogging and thanks to those of you who have emailed to check in. All is well. Everything went great with the move and we are settling into the upstairs at our new house while the downstairs is cleaned out down to the studs. Sheet rock should start going up this week and then I'll post some progress pics.

I don't think I realized how much time and effort went into a total home renovation. I've helped people with their homes... but as a designer I've learned that it is much harder to design your own. Much. I get overwhelmed with even the simplest decisions and can't make up my mind about a thing. I'm sure I will be asking y'all for help and your thoughts/opinions.

Here are a few images that have been inspiring me lately as I choose finishes, plan details, etc.


clearly organized.

New Designs From Serena & Lily | Apartment Therapy Ohdeedoh

That Kind Of Woman


20 Savvy Ways to Stay Organized

Things That Inspire: Laundry Rooms

maple and shade

13 comments:

lizziefitz said...

Glad your back! I am going through a phase right now. I can't make a decision to save my life. So unlike me. I fear that if I buy a runner I may change my mind on a fabric or paint color. Truth be told , I blame pinterest, what if I see something more fabulous tomorrow? ;)

{hooked on hickory} said...

beautiful images! love the umbrella stand, the wall paper, the lantern...the list could go on!

ashley

sarah, flourish design + style said...

I'm sure what ever you decide will be divine :) x

Lavender and Lilies said...

Great to see you back!

Marianne {Style For Living} said...

Glad to hear you've settled in. I find it so much easier to help others with their homes. It takes me forever to make a decision on my own. Funny how that works! Looking forward to seeing the progress.

nestegg said...

B, I know EXACTLY how you feel. Hoyt the other day goes "Are you SURE you do this for a living??" I was about to slap him. Instead I just glared and threw my paint deck down. It's HARD. Can't imagine doing it with a baby…
Vent to me ANYtime… I have made no progress whatsoever. Your place is looking awesome!!!:)
xoxoRachel

designchic said...

Glad you're back. Doesn't it always seem harder to make decisions for your own home. Can't wait to see how it all comes together!!

satisfyingspacesblog.com said...

It is definitely more difficult to commit when you know all of the selections that are available. I feel your pain.;-)

Heather

Jennifer said...

you can do it! I know it will look great no matter what!

Ashley said...

Hope you had a wonderful vacation! While it may seem overwhelming, it's clear that you have a vision for your home. It will definitely be spectacular!

rachel @ Just a Touch of Gray said...

Glad you're back and glad you're starting to get settled! Good luck with all the decisions - big and small!

Kat said...

Yeah! Glad you are back!

a' la mode said...

I've missed you friend! xo shel

Post a Comment