lots going on

7.06.2011

Lots going on in our new neck of the woods. I just don't feel like I can catch up... hence the reason the blog has been on the back burner for a few weeks now. Sorry about that!

Here's a recap of a few things that we've been up to lately.

We celebrated Collins' first birthday at the beginning of June with a small family party at my parents' house:

We celebrated Michael finishing up residency at UAB:

We made a trip down south to the beach this past weekend to visit Aunt Abby and celebrate the 4th of July! Here is a photo of Collins relaxing in the pool...

We returned to find some progress being made on the house (as you walk into the playroom from the back door):

And the upstairs floors have been sanded and stained and are almost ready for us to move in (note- we'll be living upstairs while downstairs is still under construction):

One thing that I haven't gotten around to doing this summer is making one of my favorite recipes... Watermelon Salsa. I know it sounds odd but it is so very good. And best served with Tostito's Lime chips!

But there isn't time to make it this week because I must go pack. Michael and I are getting ready to spend a week away here... but more on that when we return!

16 comments:

Michele said...

Reminds me of the Sawtooth Mountains in Stanley, Idaho...Have fun! xoxo michele

Tiffany said...

You've been a busy lady! I hope you get some good R&R at that dreamy location. Can't wait to hear all about it!

LLH Designs said...

Nonneed to apologize for absence on the blog. Real life first, blog world second. :) Enjoy your time away!

Xo,
Linsey

Erica said...

Have fun! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Homeowner Insurance Rates

satisfyingspacesblog.com said...

Have a wonderful trip!

Kat said...

Oh my... you guys are busy! Happy Birthday Collins! Have fun on your trip!!

Ashley said...

Sounds like you have had your hands full! Have a wonderful time away!

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

That last photo looks divine! Have fun on your trip!

paula said...

I miss you sweet friend!

lizziefitz said...

I hear you on blog neglect! Wow , things are very different when kids are home from school;) I love the new upstairs floors!!! We just got back from ten days in Montana and Wyoming...breathtaking!!!!!!! Have a wonderful ,safe trip:)

LindsB said...

Happy 1st Birthday to Collins!!! That photo of you guys is so cute!!

I love seeing the progress of your house- I cant wait to see more once you guys move in!

The Rigoloso's said...

Collins is so handsome! Congrats to Michael and hope you have/had a lovely trip!

designchic said...

You are one busy lady with a precious 1 year old!! Hope you have a wonderful trip ~

Pink Wallpaper said...

happy 1st b'day Collins!!! I hope y'all have a wonderful trip!

Hooper Patterson and Ann White Schutte said...

I'm off to make the watermelon salsa. Thank you!

angela hardison said...

how fun! have a great trip.

the wood floors look beautiful...

and happy belated 1st birthday to the little one.

Post a Comment