some progress shots

8.25.2011

It may not seem like a lot has been done... but after weeks of demo (and a few bumps in the road) it sure is nice to see the house being put back together! Sheetrocking should be finished up tomorrow and then the trimming/painting can begin!

I'll try to include some before photos (from the real estate listing) along with what it looks like today... if I can keep these in order with notes in between the old photo and new!

 
The view belows shows the wall with the door above removed.... enlarging the kitchen and doing away with the current formal dining room (there will be a new one that is smaller and across the foyer)
the partial red wall  below used to open up to the foyer but the opening was moved to the left to the stair hallway....


breakfast room above with door to playroom.... below you can see a view from further back where we took out the door and enlarged the opening to the playroom....

den above.... shot below from further back showing everything stripped down!


 
playroom above.... and the new playroom below with the closets removed and a new passthrough to the den was made
  
entering the house above... and below you can see where we closed up the opening to the old dining/new kitchen and moved the entrance to around the corner

standing at the base of the stairs looking at the front door....

Hopefully they weren't too hard to follow... maybe my notes helped to explain the missing openings, walls closed up, openings added, etc!

18 comments:

lizziefitz said...

The house is huge! I love how open and light it is now. I can't wait to see all you fab details come together. Great space planning for a family home:)))

lizziefitz said...

Your*

bryn alexandra interiors said...

Wow I am really impressed by everything you guys are doing!! I'm really excited to see everything progress... it looks great so far!!

Melissa @ Veranda Interiors said...

Looking good, now that the drywall is up all of the fun things can begin!

Kat said...

I can't wait to see what it looks like! I love how you are opening the space up! The kids are going to enjoy it too :)

chillart said...

I'm so excited for you! (& congrats on baby #2) Can't wait to see the house, just FYI I'm gonna have to invite myself over at some point while I'm home.

Marianne {Style For Living} said...

This is so exciting! Thanks for taking us on a tour.

christine {bijouandboheme} said...

Oh this is so exciting- everything is starting to take real shape and the real fun is just around the corner...thanks for the tour!!!

Lauren (The Cottage Mix) said...

Looks like you are making progress. Just keep reminding yourself how much you are going to love it! That's what got me through our renovation with 3 kids (one was weeks old!) oh yes, fun times! Can't wait to see all of your design choices come together! Congratulations on #2!!
Lauren
www.thecottagemix.com

satisfyingspacesblog.com said...

You are getting to the point where it starts getting more fun. I can't wait to see the continuing progress on your home! I am also looking forward to seeing what light fixtures you selected. I love lighting so much that it was the most difficult part of the design selection process for me.

Katie said...

So fantastic, I can't wait to see to all come together (I bet you can't either!)It's going to be gorgeous! xo

Interior Design Musings said...

It's amazing what changing the flow of a house can do! Fun sneak peek. M.

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Cant wait to see all the pictures when your done. It looks great. It looks like your going to have more light in your rooms. Great job!

paula said...

love, love, love seeing the progress!

designchic said...

It's going to be an amazing family space...love following along!!

hong kong property said...

i bet the finish product would be awesome!!:D

hong kong property

blue chickadee said...

I love the progress so far!!! I cannot wait to see how it all turns out!!! You have such a great eye!

Meghan said...

How exciting! Absolutely love your entry way and your beautiful front door! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Post a Comment