around here

11.16.2011

Things have been in full force around here. We are about 2.5 weeks out from finishing the house and about 8 weeks from Baby Chamblee's due date.

When I walked downstairs this morning my kitchen backsplash was being installed. At first I freaked out and thought that I didn't like it. Yes... designers do things like that. Often. But I was in a rush....

... to get to Collins' Thanksgiving Party at school (thank you Pinterest for the cookie idea)!

When I got back from the party I told them that I did like the backsplash and they could resume work. I am sure they were thankful to hear that.

I also checked on the powder bath where my painter was working on the planking in a dark wash (SW's Porpoise that had been watered down).... I decided to go dark and thought I could always paint them white/lighter later:

 During the little one's naptime I have been ordering last minute things for the house (faucets, hardware, etc) and trying to get organized before the holidays are here. Christmas cards are designed (I just need to have them printed) and most of Collins' Christmas gifts have been purchased. So... lots going on. Now you know why the blog has been so quiet lately!

 Promise to get back with the blog... soon!

16 comments:

A Country Farmhouse said...

How very exciting! I say that several years after our renovation - I had several freak outs myself.
xoTrina

lizziefitz said...

Love everything!!! I am giddy with excitement to see ALL the after photos!!! And baby # 2 :))))

blue chickadee said...

Looking good!! Love the progress and the bathroom is going to look amazing!

Elissa said...

cutest cookies ever... and it looks like your house is going to be pretty spectacular too!!

satisfyingspacesblog.com said...

It does sound like you have your hands full. Those cookies are adorable! I can't wait to see more of the house. ;-)

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

Gorgeous! Hope you're feeling well.

Marianne Simon said...

The kitchen is stunning! I think the tiles look great! Ok... cutest cookies ever! LOVE.

Ridgely's Radar said...

Cute cookies!

Andrea said...

The backsplash is going to be amazing and I can't wait to see that powder room finished. Love your taste!

paula said...

It all looks so beautiful! Love all the dark too.

daninotes said...

I LOVE the dark wash on the planking. Can't wait to see the powder room finished. Cute cookie too.

Elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

The backsplash is going to be gorgeous finished, and love the dark planking too. Can't wait to see them finished.

Melissa Davis said...

Love your kitchen! Can't wait to se your house finished!
www.glittereddreams.com

carolina postcard said...

No time for the weary, huh? You are a busy bee. And don't worry about neglecting the blog (me too) we're stickin' with you and can't wait for baby to arrive.

Oh and I love the dark bathroom - very nice!

Suzanne {backonfestiveroad} said...

Is that herringbone marble tile on your backsplash? I just finished tiling my fireplace with that and it's looking gorgeous. It definitely stood out more before I grouted it, but I chose a snow white non-sanded grout which made the pattern more subtle and soft. I've posted some pictures on my blog http://backonfestiveroad.blogspot.com/2011/11/fireplace-reveal.html
Good luck, it's looking lovely.

A.J.Barnes said...

It's looking great...you're going to be so glad you did the planking on some of the walls...I love the rooms I did it in. My step father was here over Thanksgiving and wondered if we ran out of money 'cause some room were sheetrock and other planking...
:)

randy@ajbarnes

Post a Comment