ikea favor... just a photo

11.03.2011

**UPDATE... blog readers are the best. Thanks to all of you who responded, emailed, sent links, photos, etc. It helped me out tremendously. A special thanks to Tessa who took the time to send me pics like these this morning:

After emailing/texting with her this morning... I just realized that I spent some time on her blog last night after Holly introduced it to me!

Is anyone out there going to Ikea anytime soon?! If so.... I'd love it if you'd do me a big favor.

I've been trying to get to the one in ATL for months now and it just hasn't happened. I'd love to see two of the color options for the Ektorp sofa. I am planning on using this sofa in my playroom. I'd love for the white to work (can't beat the price) but it is just too white.

The one I am interested in is the Svanby Beige. But I don't want it to be too pink or too yellow.... so I'd love a shot with your camera phone.
EKTORP Sofa, Svanby beige Width: 85 7/8 " Depth: 34 5/8 " Height: 34 5/8 " Seat depth: 19 5/8 " Seat height: 17 3/4 "  Width: 218 cm Depth: 88 cm Height: 88 cm Seat depth: 50 cm Seat height: 45 cm
And if you are crazy like me and carry around a fan deck.... let me know what color it is closest to!

Also, I'd love a shot of the Svanby Gray. Same goes for paint swatch.

EKTORP Sofa, Svanby gray

Or do any of you happen to have one of these slipcovers in your home (could be the chair... just trying to get a good color idea).

Thank you, thank you!
Brooke

9 comments:

Tessa said...

i'm on my way this morning...i will see if i can snap pics for you! all depends on the cooperation of my three year old! :) i have a BM fan deck in my purse...

Lisa said...

Love those slipcovers! I do have the white. Was nervous about ordering because the white in the Ikea photo looks to be the color of printer paper! Happy to report that it's not. It's a fabulous white denim. Good tailoring and piping. Have tossed it in the washer and dryer several times now and it keeps getting softer. At that price, I ordered another white and am considering something darker for winter. I'll be watching and hope you report your findings. So nice of Tessa to help you out!
Did I mention that the Ektorp slipcover fits nicely on my Pottery Barn Basic couch?
Curios...do you have the Ektorp chair?
Have a great day,
Lisa

Kelly W said...

Just to let you know, the white is white, but you can always die it...

Elissa said...

I have the white slipcovers-- and they are very white :)-- but they are a DREAM to wash. I have two very messy kids and have successfully gotten strawberries and stains from some purple candies out without a problem. All it took was a little oxy clean and the tinniest amount of bleach rubbed directly on the stain. If you really want the white-- it can be done :)
But the other colors are fantastic too :)

keelowe17 said...

Another option is Comfort Works. They make slip covers for Ikea sofas

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Wish I could help you out with this one - especially since I'm one of the crazies that always has a paint deck handy!

Terry said...

My sister have the slipcovers and that is pure white. No difficult to wash with water or detergent powder.
Promosyon

Just Beachy said...

I might be too late but keep in mind the grey and beige slips are dry clean only , I wish they had a washable version , because dry cleaning can be pricey for a sofa

Hillary Jordan said...

Would love to know which you went with Brooke!

Post a Comment