getting there

1.26.2012

I'm feeling pretty settled into my role as mom of two. Gray is such a sweet, sweet baby... so thankful for him. And Collins is sweet too... in his 19 month old way!

The house is slowly but surely coming along. The windows are still bare along with a few empty rooms.. but we have time and are in no rush.

I've been spending some time trying to get my office organized. I have so many fabulous spaces pinned on my Creative Spaces board on Pinterest... but just can't get there with my new home office.

Here are some that are inspiring me:
Pinned Image

Pinned Image


Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

And here is my office in it's current state... and no I didn't clean up before I snapped the pic.... trying to keep it real around here:


I need to get it organized, find a fabric to cover my bulletin board in and hang it, along with a new fabric for the seat of my chair (it also needs some casters and a fresh coat of spray paint).

I have also been trying to gather up everything for my design business. While my first priority is being a stay at home mom--- I do enjoy working on design projects during my little bit of downtime. I'm trying to get my website up and running along with my rates set, etc. I'm getting there.

*on a funny note... I was kind of reluctant to post a pic of my unfinished office. It's crazy how fast things get pinned on Pinterest these days! I've noticed several pics of my unfinished house on there!

19 comments:

Leigh at Hudson Smith...Home said...

Hi Brooke,
I know what you mean about posting "unfinished" pictures...I have a couple of things I've wanted to post lately but I've been putting them off until I get really good pictures. I'm in the same boat trying to work on my website while navigating mom-life. It sure isn't easy! Good luck with yours!
~Leigh

Karena said...

Brooke,

Pics spread like wildfire through the blog-world, your office just needs some final touches though!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

pve design said...

Looks great. What about a stripe or a linen?
Wishing you all the best in your endeavors.
pve

Chic Coles said...

I wish my desk/office could look like those! My desk is so messy and full of stuff, I really don't know how I get anything done!

amy_sue said...

I would take it as a compliment that people would pin your unfinished spaces!

Natalie said...

I wish I could say you will get there, but honestly you will most likely get used to your "new there." :) I've been meaning to email you but seeing as we are both in crazy states of (very) small children mothering and wondering where in the world work fits in with all of it....i guess blog comments will have to do! Congrats on all your new happenings and enjoy every (insane) moment of it! It's all such a blessing!

Christie E. Little said...

Your office pics are awesome and I love them! They are inspiring to me, too. Who cares if they're not finished. The only who knows that is you! Your talent is beautiful. I follow your blog of bliss and you continue to inspire. I found you through Pinterest. Enjoy your babies. Time flies so fast.
Christie

satisfyingspacesblog.com said...

I am amazed you have the energy to even think about the house with a new baby and a 19 month-old. Last night when I was wide awake at 3am (very rare for me) on Pinterest I saw you were on there pinning too and it made me smile. I figured you were probably feeding Gray. ;-) I hope you are getting some sleep and enjoying your family.

Have a great weekend!
Heather

blue chickadee said...

Loving this post about creative spaces! We are in the process of giving novel. a
new look and these boards are the perfect inspiration!!!!

Kamela said...

Beautiful spaces! I love the images you collected.

Blue Turtle said...

I love a busy workplace. It means there is a lot going on. Nice read. Nice post.

Susan @ Interior Design Pro

designchic said...

Know you are settling in beautifully with your new addition, and love the gorgeous images to start my Saturday!! Happy weekend ~

allumer * decor said...

You have a beautiful blog. I've had you on my blog list for a while but I just became a member. I also wanted pass on the Versatile Blogger Award to you.... come see my blog today! Thanks!

LA VIE EN ROSE said...

I've just started following your blog. Congratulations on your new baby and new home! Love your new home and looking forward to seeing what you're going to do with the rooms. I think your office looks great as it is and very organised! I just got a new office space and love it even though its not finished yet either. Isn't it lovely to have your own creative space!

carolina postcard said...

You're making it look easy - makes me want to jump on board with 2 :)

I love looking at inspiration boards. The best are the disorganized, random ones that have a little flair. They almost become a piece of art!

LLH Designs said...

My studio is one of the first places I need to get settled yet one of the last ones I finish because I always want it to look perfect. But I've learned to just let it evolve, and I must say, it's evolved beautifully over the years! Yours will, too. No doubt! Xo!

a' la mode said...

I am loving your office and what a cute chair! This is going to be a fun space for you to do! hope you are having fun loving on that sweet new baby =) xo shel

Katharine said...

I would give anything to figure out how to get an office in my house! Our Formal Living Room is doubling as an office for us both. Its a disaster! My desk is a tailgate table. ha! Your space is lovely!

Elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

Your office is coming along beautifully. I would definitely take it as a compliment that people are pinning your "unfinished" spaces. I can't wait to see the final touches in place.

Post a Comment