on top of things

2.08.2012

Just when you think you are on top of things and getting organized... things fall apart!

My goal for this week is to order some woven shades for my our master bedroom windows. I'm sure our neighbors would appreciate it! I like the look of these shades. I've been to Lowes and have looked online... but all sizes seem to stop at 72" and our windows are 77" tall. Lovely. I've searched online and priced out some things (I want ours lined) and the best that I've found are from justblinds.com. Hope to place my order soon.

 

Once I get something on those windows I am going to move along to fabrics. I need several for different things around the house... master bedroom, guest room, pillows, drapes for windows, cafe curtains in kitchen, headboard for breakfast banquette... the list goes on. Here are some that I like that I've saved in the past couple of weeks:

The first two images are from Galbraith & Paul. LOVE their stuff. Wish it was in my budget to use it everywhere in my house!











14 comments:

Marianne {Style For Living} said...

Love woven shades an your selection of fabrics! Looking forward to seeing what you end of choosing!

Project Life said...

I love the G&P fabric, too! Can't wait to see progress, even if it is, unfinished!

Andrea said...

The fabrics are gorgeous! I ordered our blinds from Just Blinds two years ago and I have been very pleased with them.

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

I love the texture of the natural woven shades. I've used them for years and am still feeling the love!

Teryl said...

I've ordered woven wood blinds from stardecorating.com for my windows about 6 years ago and have loved, loved them ever since. They are gorgeous and were a great price. Believe I compared prices. Recently, I needed to replace a couple when my dog had a bit of a fit during a night of fireworks. I found my original order a ordered the exact same blinds (I still love them), and guess what, 6 years later they were maybe $10-20 more and they improved the cords. I order the woven wood collection by m&b. Check them out and compare prices. Oh, and all my blinds are lined and one is lined with blackout fabric as it faces the tv. Good luck with your blind selection, you will love them!

lizziefitz said...

I love my woven blinds from overstock. Not lined but all windows have drapes for privacy:) love all your fabric picks

blue chickadee said...

Umm wow!! Dying over all your fabric choices!!! Can't go wrong with any one you choose! Love the look of bamboo shades too and lined is an excellent idea. Thanks for the source on those!

a' la mode said...

GORG. Yeah, I would pretty much LOVE all of those in my home. It's going to be beautiful, wish I would bring you dinner, hold a baby, and talk fabric with you =( xoxo shel

Melissa said...

Love your choices!

Kat said...

Beautiful fabrics!

paula said...

I need these fabrics for that project ;)

Melissa said...

I've been thinking about this post a lot because I'm about to buy shades for the kitchen. Have you ordered yours yet, and are you pleased with them? I don't think I want to get lined shades, but our windows are custom-sized as well, so I'm having a hard time finding woven shades that fit. I'm thankful that you linked justblinds.

I love, love those first two fabrics.

Courtney Wells said...

How do the lied woven shades look from the exterior?

Courtney Wells said...

Lined not lied-- sorry?

Post a Comment