bits and pieces

4.11.2012

Some bits and pieces from my brain and a few things on my radar.

Love these bangles from Sweet Auburn Studio.  Adding them to my wish list.
Vintage Brass Zig Zag Bangle

I saw this font on Elements of Style... and I am so tempted to purchase. I have a thing for fonts... esp if they look like this!

I'm sure most of you are pinners... and probably already know this. But I found out today while reading Katie Beth's blog that "before you pin something, use your cursor to highlight a description of the item on that site, then click the pin icon in your tool bar, and wa-lah! Automatically that highlighted description will appear in the pop up box!". Who knew... because I sure didn't!


And while speaking of Katie Beth's blog... I saw that she made a book using Blurb. I'm in the process of working on publishing Collins' first year via a Blurb book. My first deadline was before we moved to Mississippi last june (which was just after his first birthday) and then I said by Christmas. Now I have VOWED to finish it before his 2nd birthday which is only a month and a half away.


And while on the subject of Collins turning 2... I've started brainstorming for party ideas. I'm not sure what direction I will go but there are so many cute ideas out there. Here are a couple that have caught my eye (more on my kiddo party board here):

fishing pole cupcakes...adorable
What a great, smart idea for birthday parties. Pre-scoop your ice cream, insert a small wooden spoon, roll in sprinkles, refreeze.
Adding this bag to my wish list...

Pinned Image

Happy Wednesday!
Brooke

6 comments:

Brenda Watts said...

Love the font and thank you for the pinterest tip..way cool.

Maria @ All Things Luxurious said...

I love Blurb -- my hubby and I are in the process of making our wedding album using that site! Very easy and user-friendly! :-)

Mer said...

Ooh what a gorgeous font!! I love the bag, too!

Kasey McKay said...

i just discovered your blog and love it! also, did you go to mississippi state? i graduated in interior design from state and you seem familiar....i think maybe you were a year or two behind me? anyways, i will definitely be a new follower! i have a blog too, check it out if you'd like: girlinthegrayhouse.blogspot.com

blue chickadee said...

In love with that bag too! And good tip about Pinterest! You should do the ice cream wooden spoon idea-LOVE!

a' la mode said...

me want that bag. now please.

Post a Comment