randomness from our days

6.11.2012

It's always nice when friends email to check in and say they miss my blog posts. I've been busy but probably could find the time to blog... but I don't know what to blog about! I sit down at my computer and draw a blank. I feel like all of my blog posts are so random... and the titles are always something like "this & that" or "randomness". I guess that's the stage of life that I'm in...which I'm really enjoying btw!
I'm almost finished with the boys' bathroom upstairs.... just need to paint and hang a mirror. And install a light and some hardware. That will be one room that I can check off my list that as complete. After that... I'm thinking I should focus on the downstairs since it's what people actually see. A few barstools for the island would be a nice starting point since we use that space so much!

Here are a few photos of what we've been up to these past couple of weeks. I printed a few new calling cards for the boys since they had a party to attend and putting one to use once it was cut out:

I've been trying to keep the weeds out of my flower beds... I can't keep up. I love maiden hair fern. One of my favorite things in my yard.

Speaking of ninjas... this one turned 2 last week. Sweet, sweet but busy as can be. And into e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.
I'll be back soon with some design inspiration!
Brooke

12 comments:

lizziefitz said...

Brooke ,
So happy to see what you and your babies have been up to these days! The picture with Collins emptying your wallet is a regular scene in our house . I can't tell you how many times I get to a store and have to scramble to find my debit card!!! Crazy! The gift tags are so cute. The Ikea push cart is a must have ( stroller for babies, stuffed animals , random toys and siblings;) we got our barstools at Ikea ( slipcovered w/ backs ) and are very happy with them:) hugs!

Shannon said...

collins is just like walker...into my purse and every times walker's eating my altoids. happy b'day collins, walker turns 2 sunday! your boys are adorable!

Natalie said...

Precious little ninjas :) yes, we are in exactly the same boat. I get bullied by family wanting me to post but I just draw a blank or frankly have other things to do (or would rather be doing) than sitting at the computer! I want to put some of those ferns in my backyard! I know just the place.
xo
Natalie

taddy said...

i love your calling cards - do you sell them anywhere? Would love to purchase if so:)

Katy said...

I love the calling cards too! Where to find them?

LUCY WILLIAMS said...

brooke-the random blogs are great! i need to be more that way-much more interesting and personable! and gives a great inside look of how we juggle kids and design!!

Marianne said...

You always have your hands full, but for good reason! Adorable calling cards and of course the boys are so sweet, even if they like to get into everything!

Shannon said...

I love your blog post and was so happy to see a new one!

Maybe someday you will share why you purchased so many ikea frames? I have been wondering.

carolina postcard said...

2? Can you believe it? My how time flies sweets. I love watching those little minds discover and explore, even when it causes a big ole mess. Happy birthday to Collins and just remember, it's impossible to keep up with everything!

Unknown said...

Calling cards are oh so precious!! You should sell them. Even better yet if you like to design some camp stationary for my 9 year old girl and 11 year old boy I'd be thrilled. There is nothing cute out there. Seriously....would love to buy some design from you!!

Alli from Atlanta
Aschnatmeier@gmail.com

heronkady said...

Nice post! Thank you for this!
Saving Thousands of People Hundreds of Dollars a month. Join the club today. Just click -> http://www.saversclub.us

Zane Wooder said...

We all draw blanks sometimes as bloggers. The best thing you can do is go for a walk and clear your mind. When you do this all the ideas just come to you. I love the picture of the two kids together. Very cute.

-Zane of ontario honey

Post a Comment