the process :: my foyer

8.06.2012

I was texting a friend recently about the fact that I have design ADD. I think a lot of it has to do with how many different/new things I see each day/week. I'm always scared to commit because something else might come along. It's something that I am going to have to get over and just start buying some things for our house... or it will be empty forever.

Here is part of how the design process goes for me. I'll have a room on my mind and just start copying and pasting things that I like onto a design board. And most of the time... the items can be totally random.

I started thinking about my foyer recently and have gone so many different direcitons lately. I have always liked the artichoke lamp from Stray Dog Designs and was reminded of it last week when I received a new catalog from them. It's a tad funky for me... but I've been liking some funky mixed in with some rustic mixed with some clean lines.

Here is the naked foyer... begging for some attention:

My first thought was an open bottom console with two simple iron/gold benches underneath... mirror... lamp... etc. (left side of board) But this weekend I found these neat stools from Bliss Studio... that are heavier looking that could look neat flanking a console (right side of board). So here is my design board as it stands today. I have both ideas on there... because i could easily go back to the left side design if that perfect console comes along!

We'll see how this room ends up!

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

like the stools a lot! bring that console you just did for the bedroom down and see how you like it! I agree on the Stray Dog stuff (I think I made this comment on Instagram already). They are funky but they are so pretty in person - major craftsmanship happening there.

Melissa said...

Please share where the gold bench set is from! So great!

designchic said...

So many beautiful choices. I have seen the stools in person and they are stunning and the Stray Dog Lamps...fabulous!

isaac grantham holman said...

I've never thought that a room should look "rushed". you have a wonderful eye and sense of design...I believe you will know the right pieces when you see them! by the way, I really love reading about your house progress...thanks for keeping it real :)

hong kong property said...

white walls and dark wood. love it!

LUCY WILLIAMS said...

i am so glad other deisngs have design add when it comes to their own house-story of my life! i cant wait to see how the foyer turns out.... i have the same larger scale lantern in my dining area and LOVE!

Natalie said...

i join you in a life lived in an empty house bc i cant make up my dang mind!!! ha! :) ps. i will be emailing you shortly...been a crazy week!

Meg said...

Can I ask where you got your lighting fixture?

hibnerfamily.com said...

I have the exact same problem!! Glad to know its not just me. :).

a' la mode said...

I cannot WAIT to see the foyer with all of this gorgeousness!! xoxo shel

islam said...

solar power is a type of energy which can reduce our electric bills, so far can extend our digital communication easily

solar power quotes

Post a Comment