instagram + foolproof + other happenings

1.08.2013


I'm a big fan of Instagram these days. Love following my close friends along with design/blog friends and even a few people that I don't even know. Several IG friends have been cooking their way through Barefoot Contessa's new cookbook Foolproof. I made the penne alla vecchia bettola last night and it was delicious. I will say that I used crushed tomatoes instead of whole and skipped the blender step. You'll see in the second pic below why I needed to save as much time as possible. My sous-chef(s) were busy, busy!




We've been spending a lot of time outside lately with big brother riding little brother around in his new gator. Some days have been cold so we just bundle up!


It's really hard for me to believe that Gray will be one on Thursday of this week. We are having a {small} family party this weekend to celebrate with cupcakes!

 
Do you watch Downton Abbey? If you don't.... I highly recommend it. You can start with Seasons 1 and 2 on Netflix or Hulu. Season 3 just started this past Sunday night.
 
Downton Abbey Ratings
 
 
Check back on Thursday for a small virtual yardsale. I have a few things that I'd like to clear out of here!

12 comments:

anneworthington.blogspot.com said...

Hello from an Instagram friend who you don't know :) Love IG! Also, just had to comment on my love for Downton Abbey! My husband and I are in the middle of season two, and I am obsessed! I get this way with my tv shows...have to remind myself that these are fictional characters played by actors with totally different lives. And then I apparently need to tell myself to get a life :)

Ashley B said...

Brooke- I made that penne dish a few weeks ago and couldn't believe how good it was. Next time we are going to add grilled chicken. Can't wait for the yard sale.

Laurie said...

Loving IG too & you can never go wrong with the Contessa - any cookbook she has always is reliable & easy! Finished watching the new Downton Abbey season in November here in the UK - fabulous!!!!

Interior Design Musings said...

Hey Brooke,
That cute pic of your kids in your kitchen made me laugh out loud (and a little sad). My kiddos used to do the same thing. I had a small silicone basting brush and this weird retracting steamer basket (not sure what you call it) they constantly fought over?! So, glad you and your cute family are doing well. As for Downton Abbey, I am totally addicted. I am not a TV watcher (at all) and a sweet friend turned me on to season one and two this summer while my kids were at camp. So, Sunday night I was so excited. I actually thought - if Mary and Matthew do not get married at the end of this episode, I'm not going to continue to watch it!!! IT WAS TIME!! M.

satisfyingspacesblog.com said...

I just got that cookbook for Christmas. Tonight I am attempting the Straw & Hay recipe (I think that is the name).

I want to start Downton Abbey but, my husband is completely uninterested so I have to find some alone time to watch it. Has your husband watched it with you at all?

Happy birthday to Gray!

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

I like stalking you on IG too ;) That penne looks so yummy. Happy birthday Gray!

lizziefitz said...

My ringtone is downton abbey on my iPhone ;) I sent my daughter Foolproof her first semester of Auburn. She has been cooking and loving it. That was one fast year... Gray is one , wow!

mary-kathryn herrington said...

My friend Hayden is raving about how great (and easy) that cookbook is! That picture makes me want that pasta right now! I've got to get on the Downton Abbey train!

spark! (Ada-Marie) said...

I love following you on Instagram! I just got Foolproof for Christmas and can't wait to start cooking. That pasta looks awesome! Happy birthday, Gray!

Samma said...

I'm LOVING Fool Proof. I really loved the winter minestrone, 1770 meatloaf, and the asparagus and egg with quick hollandaise. I will have to try the pasta soon! My little girl turns one at the end of this month, and I'm keeping it simple as well.

Shannon said...

Excited for the yard sale!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday to Gray! And we love Downton. I think I watched the first two seasons twice (maybe three times?) and was giddy over the new episode! May have to rewatch on PBS.com soon ...

Post a Comment