fun times in the city

2.11.2013

I just returned from a few days in NYC with friends. One of my best friend's sister is the Producer of Project Runway and we were invited to the Project Runway Fashion Week Show for Season 11. It was so much fun and definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity to see that first hand!

We started off our trip with drinks at Daddy O's in Greenwich and then dinner at Lupa (I highly recommend).





Friday morning started bright and early--- check-in at the PR event was 6:30 (hence the tired eyes in the photo below). We had front row seats that were amazing!




After the show we walked across the street for lunch at Rosa Mexicano. I've been here before and you can't beat the guacamole made tableside.

Another meal included lunch at Balthazar... another favorite of mine located in Soho. 

I have always wanted to see Wicked while in NYC and this trip I was able to fit it in!

We had some other great meals (La Mangeoire, drinks at The Campbell Apartment, plus a few more stops). Some of the girls ate dinner at Pranna one night while two of us went to Wicked and Pranna is definitely on my list for when I return. We finished up our trip yesterday with brunch at the Russian Tea Room!

And what's a designer to do while on vacation? Take photos of the hotel restroom, of course! I thought that this detail below the sinks to hide the plumbing so was clever and creative--- strands of matte silver beads. Such a fun detail.



*all photos taken with my iphone

Such a fun trip and great time away. Today is Monday and it's back to reality!

8 comments:

A Perfect Gray said...

oh, how much fun...

lizziefitz said...

Swanky weekend! I love NYC!!! My oldest surprised me & caught a flight home from Auburn. We had amazing Mexican food & saw Identity Thief... Hilarious!!!!!
PS we saw Wicked here in Charleston & loved it.

Tiffany @ Savor Home said...

So fun!!! I'll have to add those restaurants to my list for my next trip to NYC!

Marianne said...

So glad you had a great time! I love NYC and can't wait for another trip, hopefully soon. Girls weekends are the best!

www.thewowie.com said...

This puts our pretend road trip to Cali to shame. I am beyond jealous that you sat front row. So fun!

Kasey McKay said...

oh wow! how awesome - i love project runway (even though we don't have cable anymore so i can't watch it) i need to hear more insider details about the show! :)

paula said...

Oh my word! How exciting is this!!!

Jamie Herzlinger said...

love the photos! sounds like you had a wonderful time! Happy Weekend!
Love, Jamie Herzlinger

Post a Comment