spreading love

2.14.2013

I am guessing it might have something to do with having children but I've really been getting into holiday decorating and baking lately. Valentine's Day has quickly become a favorite of mine (might have something to do with the years of living by Abby--- check out one of her Valentine's day posts here and a funny one here).

I started the holiday season by purchasing this precious heart garland at Target for $7 and hanging it on my mantel.

Abby is a favorite blogger of mine when it comes to life + faith +children. Another favorite is Tessa of Nine + Sixteen. She inspires me to get in the kitchen and not only bake but spice up our dinner rotation a bit. If you don't read her blog, you should. Here is the recipe I used for Valentine's cookies that we made to deliver to friends and family.

Freshly iced and starting to dry:

Packaged and ready to be delivered!

We decided to go with glow sticks (from the Dollar Tree) instead of candy!

Happy Valentine's Day!

9 comments:

carolina postcard said...

Sweet Collins! Such a sweet age for sharing valentines. Off to look at your top recipe blog. I could sure use some inspiration! xoxo

Marianne said...

The cookies look so good! Need to make these, too! I'm baking another batch of Ina's raspberry crumble bars right now. Can't wait for them to come out of the oven! Happy Valentine's Day!

bluehydrangea said...

that picture of Collins it too cute!! What a precious boy and the cookies look pretty good too!

mary-kathryn herrington said...

those cookies look very yummy!

Lizzie said...

Cute valentines! And thanks for introducing me to Nine + Sixteen blog (or not b/c now I'm going to be useless this morning ;-) )!

Natalie said...

wish i could tell you how many times ive used those glow sticks for things! {toppers for presents, favors for parties, class gifts, disney surprises, etc!} haha! i love how having kids {and kids old enough to appreciate things} makes you a little more "into the holiday spirit".

love both those blogs/friends and love yours as well :)

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

love your valentine's day touches! i may or may not still be eating our batch of cookies. whoops.

Cat said...

So cute! love it all and I love Storywood! Is Mary Catherine Elliot in his class? I see her mom (my cousion) in the background! :)

Abby Maddox said...

So glad to see you in the spirit!!! And in the spirit enough to blog about it. Do you think I can do a vday recap in March ��

Post a Comment