blogging + a new year

1.01.2014

I just looked backed and realized that I started blogging four years ago today (edit: five years. sheesh!). I had no idea what this blog would be about at the time but I've enjoyed keeping it up. I had lots of posts the first year and then things have dropped off more and more each year that a child was added to my family. Thank you to those of you who keep checking in and reading my sporadic posts!

Instagram and Pinterest and so many other things have seemed to taken over blogs this past year or so. I  really enjoy sharing with you the things that I working on or interested in so my goal is to blog a couple of times a week. One of the reasons I rarely blog is because I am at a loss of what to blog about so if there is ever anything you are interested in seeing or reading about... let me know. I probably should get over the fact that my house will never be 'done' and just show you some photos of it's current state.

With that said here is a photo of E's nursery (taken with my iPhone). It's a tiny room upstairs so it's not easy to photograph. It's basically the same furniture/bedding/chair that I used C & G... just in a new room. I love how small and cozy it is.


Happy  New Year!
Brooke

11 comments:

Interior Design Musings said...

Happy New Year to you, friend! So glad to know you and I love to read your updates! As for your house, it wouldn't be nearly as much fun if I thought I would be done at some point! Ha! M.

spark! (Ada-Marie) said...

Happy New Year, Brooke! Happy 4 year blogiversary too! xxoo, Ada-Marie

Anthony Hopper said...

Happy New Year!

Trisha Troutz said...

So excited you're planning on blogging more. I am one of those that checks your blog for updates! I would love to see you share more of what you like and use (i.e., home, personal, or kids products). I love your wish lists. I would also love to see a textile you like or where you get your boys cute gingham pants you always put with a monogram or honey bee t-shirt. Also, I remember a post or instagram with a super cute bracelet you made - would love to know how to make one. You are so creative it's fun to see your ideas, home and style. I also love your recipe posts. Oh, and one last thing - could we see a close up of the art in E's nursery? It looks so cute - I love that it's small and quaint. You have great taste Brooke! Happy New Year!

Alexis Walter Art said...

Happy New Year & Congrats on the Anniversary! The nursery is darling!! Such great colors.

Stephanie Sabbe said...

so cute! Your house looks so cozy. I would love for you to blog more this year! Yours is one of my favorites when it pops up.

designchic said...

It's the perfect nursery, and I adore the size - so warm and cozy for a baby...wishing you all the best in the new year!!

lizziefitz said...

I love anything that strikes your whimsy! Sweet nursery, xo

Anne {Almost Home} said...

Love getting a peek of the nursery! So sweet. Now that I know I have another little girl, I'm excited to work on her little room :)

No.35style said...

would love to see more of your home!

Ashley said...

First, congratulations for making such a blogging milestone like 4 years--what an accomplishment. Honestly, I've been reading for awhile and I would love to see just about anything you share. I love the progress you've made so far and appreciate any progress posts!

Happy new year to you and your adorable fam!

Post a Comment