my house :: e's little nursery

1.08.2014

I gave you what I would call a sneak peek of his room last week… except that it pretty much showed the whole room. E's nursery is a tiny room upstairs that is considered a bedroom because it has a closet. 

It is one of my favorite rooms probably because I am such a fan of small spaces.
I had to use my iPhone for the photos. I only have a fixed lens on my real camera and it doesn't allow for room photos. I'll have to work on that.








Sources:
Frames :: Ikea Ribba with custom mats
Pine Chest :: Scott's Antique Market
Bumper Pads :: custom in this fabric with this trim
Windows :: custom in this fabric (brackets are custom with this rod)
Crib Skirt :: custom in this fabric
Glider :: thrift store upholstered in this fabric
Throw Pillow :: Serena & Lily
Pouf :: Overstock
Rug:: West Elm
Changing Pad Cover :: custom in this fabric
Light :: similar to this with shade removed and burlap drum shade added
Elephant Lamp :: Homegoods painted in Quiet Moments
Shelf/Basket :: from local store but similar here and here

And since a couple of you have asked about closet storage/organization for my little ones here is a photo of E's closet. I hang most of his clothes (chest is used for pjs, socks, etc) and use these baskets for shelf storage. Baskets on the floor are from TJ Maxx but these are similar.



Answers to Questions:
1. I've been asked before and someone just asked in the comment section… and the answer is NO…. it was not easy to paint the crib. I did it the first two times by myself and the third time I had my painter professionally spray it which was worth every penny!

2. Crib Skirt :: I had it made so that it reaches the floor when mattress is in highest position. As I drop the crib mattress I will adjust the skirt by taping it on the board that supports the mattress. My crib skirt is three single pieces so it makes it easy to tack it up to shorten it.

13 comments:

Alyson said...

I love your diaper storage! So clever. What a cozy little room!

Julie said...

Love it! Was it pretty easy to paint the crib?

The Walker Family said...

Brooke, I'm so glad you're blogging again! I love your talent and ideas. This nursery is so sweet. I know you're loving life with your boys.

spark! (Ada-Marie) said...

Love it -- the scale of everything is perfect. Just what a baby needs and no more! Nice work!

Emily said...

Love love love the nursery! You are so talented! Quick question: As you lower the crib how do you adjust the crib skirt so it isn't too long? I don't have any kids yet so I'm not sure how it works. ;)

Greenbergs said...

Love everything! this is the cutest nursery! you are SO incredibly talented. Now you need to blog about EVERY room in your house...please! :)

Jill said...

I love this! Just perfect. :)

Anne {Almost Home} said...

Love Elliott's little room! I hear you on small spaces--it's a good thing I like them because my whole house is just over 1400 sq ft :) Also, love seeing more posts from you popping up on my feed!

Leah said...

Brooke, What an adorable room...he is one lucky little guy! I love your style and reading your posts!

SHERRY HART said...

Cute! Love the colors.

paula said...

It looks amazing! I love cozy spaces too. Happy to see you blogging again!

Trisha Troutz said...

Love the nursery - thank you so much for taking the time to show more of this cute room. It's perfect Brooke! The rug, painted crib, art…it's all so great together. I love how you made it so personable and unique.

Ashley Loehrer said...

LOVE your work! What is the type of paper you print on for the Lindsay Letters verse? Thanks!

Post a Comment