my house :: the playroom

2.10.2014

I promised some of you on Instagram an update on the blog about my playroom.  This room has no windows so it was hard to photograph…though I doubt my photos would have been any better with natural light since I have no idea what I'm doing with a camera.



This is when we bought the house… the louvered doors below left are where our tv is mounted today:

Looking from the kitchen (our sofa is currently where the bookshelf is below):

During the reno:

Looking at the current TV Wall:

Current TV Wall:

After the renovation…..



This room is finally feeling right to me. It went through a slow transformation and we are finally to a stopping point! We spend a lot of time in this room so I wanted it to functional for daily use yet fun for the boys.








Sources:

To answer a few questions:
1- Artwork is from one of my boys' favorite books that I scanned in, printed, and framed in Ribba frames. I really hope that I don't get in trouble for doing that. I just did it for my personal playroom…. I did not reproduce and sell anything! 

2- Beanbag covers are custom out of this fabric. Contact me if you are interested in purchasing any.

3- Club chair is from thrift store and upholstered in this fabric.

4- Artwork wall is simple picture hanging hardware with wire in between.

5- Walls, trim, ceiling :: White Dove by Benjamin Moore

6- Floor :: It's a porcelain tile… will try to find out details.

7- Pillows are by Lacefield Designs but that style is no longer available.

8- I changed out the shades on the wall lamps linked above.



18 comments:

m e g a n said...

i love all of it!! Exactly what i want for our boys, one day... it takes me a while to get things done!!

Meg

Elizabeth said...

Love this!! I'd love to have a space like this.....I'd also like to know more about the flooring. I think it would be a good choice for our basement.

www.thewowie.com said...

You are good. Love it all! I am going to (try to) copy your art display.

Greenbergs said...

Such a fun and cute room! You are sooooo good!

paula said...

Brooke I LOVE it! So much fun!!!!

Dina said...

Which book is it? My 2 boys would looooove it! (I won't tell on you ha ha ha ;-))

702parkproject.com said...

Wow, what a transformation!! It looks awesome!

Ashley said...

It's fantastic, Brooke! Thanks for alerting me to the update on Instagram.

I really, really love the artwork grid above the sofa and the trunk-as-coffee table. Very cozy, fun and perfect for 3 busy little boys.

spark! (Ada-Marie) said...

Love, Brooke! The DIY art is just perfect for the space. Lucky little guys!

Fran said...

It's a very happy and cozy spot!! Love your coffee table!

Alyson said...

This is so cute! I would love to have a space like this for my kids to play.

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

Love it! It looks like a room the whole family can gather in and enjoy each other's company. The artwork is so fun.

Jennifer said...

so cute Brooke!

Kari de Lavenne said...

Brooke, I LOVE your room! It's simple, balanced, happy and interesting!
The swing arm lamps attached to the bookshelves are pure genius. Thanks for sharing!

Nancy {at} powellbrower at home said...

Fabulous kid's space! Love it. xo Nancy

theanatomyofdesign.com said...

just found your space via Two Ellie, and really love all the small details. The sconces attached to the bookcases are amazing!

Interior Design Musings said...

The swing arm lamps on the bookshelves - genius! Love it. M.

Ethan Smith said...

Buy and sell new and used modern, outdoor, office, bedroom and home furniture.
Choose from a great selection of gently used furniture for every room in your home.
More here click here

Post a Comment